Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Vormsi Relics

Article about: This is probably the first relics from Vormsi island being posted here, picked these up during my first trip to the island this summer. Nothing out of the ordinary but I just had to have the

?

Default Vormsi Relics

This is probably the first relics from Vormsi island being posted here, picked these up during my first trip to the island this summer. Nothing out of the ordinary but I just had to have them since I have family history connected to the island. The Soviet belt buckles even comes from the same village as my relatives originally did. The German canteen was found in a hole were wild boars had rooted up soil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vormsi Relics  

flask ww2 german...buckle Cheeks good photo

nice finds.

?

Thanks for the compliments, I am interested in any potential object that comes from the island with proof. So if anyone has anything from Vormsi, please notify me.

?

Suggest you contact forum sponsors Espenlaub they are Estonia's biggest Militaria dealers !

?

Yes, I had a talk with them a couple of months ago but they didn't have anything.

There has not been that much research about the Vormsi battles until recently, when interviews has been done with surviving swedish-estonians from all over the island (99,9% lives in sweden since the war). Something I would like to do in the future would be to return to these places with metaldetector and confirm these battle-places, because stories can easily be shaped in another direction unconsciously after 70+ years.