Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

War relics in Holland

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm planning to go to Groesbeek this September to look for relics in the Groesbeek Heights. I know using a metal detector in Holland is illegal, I was wondering if its possib

Default War relics in Holland

Hello everyone,
    I'm planning to go to Groesbeek this September to
    look for relics in the Groesbeek Heights. I know using a metal detector in Holland is illegal, I was wondering if its possible to find relics without using a detector. Thanks everybody for their help.
    Soren

Default Re: War relics in Holland

Hi Soren, anything is possible, but I should warn you the area is picked pretty clean as so many people have been over it looking for stuff.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,
    Thanks for your quick reply. Would the Kiekberg Woods (near Mook) be a better bet for looking? I would really like to find some items related to the 82nd Airborne. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers, Soren

Without a Metal detector you wont find anything, 66 years of dirt on top of everything.

Hi Soren, the whole of the Market - Garden battlefield has been well and truly gone over by collectors. Sorry to dissappoint you, but I have visited the area about 20 times. But you never know, go there and enjoy your trip. Just being there will be a thrill.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by soren68 View Post
    I know using a metal detector in Holland is illegal.
    That's not true !
    With permission of the owner of the ground it's legal
    There are only a few areas (by example Groesbeek) where it's vorbidden because of the dangerous explosives.

Bestreg.

kindzjal