Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

War relics in tunisia, summer 2013

Article about: War relics seen this summer close to Matmata, Tunisia. Anyone knows what that helmet is...British Airborne troops?

?

Default War relics in tunisia, summer 2013

War relics in tunisia, summer 2013War relics seen this summer close to Matmata, Tunisia. Anyone knows what that helmet is...British Airborne troops?War relics in tunisia, summer 2013War relics in tunisia, summer 2013

?

Hard to tell from the images if it is a British Para Lid but it is possible was there a recessed hole in the center of the dome for a liner attaching bolt by chance.

Regards Mark K

Hard to say for sure from the photo, the helmet might be an Italian M33 viewed from the rear.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Hard to say for sure from the photo, the helmet might be an Italian M33 viewed from the rear.
    Not with that type of Rim mate.

Para perhaps, but more likely to be Tankers or DR IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Not with that type of Rim mate.

Para perhaps, but more likely to be Tankers or DR IMHO.
    Yep you are right Jerry, looking more closely there is no flared edge at all!....

the solid metal chinstrap worries me seriously though it has the colouration of the dispatch rider helmet ,which was used by jordanian paratroops during the 60's

Quote by James C View Post
    the solid metal chinstrap worries me seriously though it has the colouration of the dispatch rider helmet ,which was used by jordanian paratroops during the 60's
    I was going to comment on the metal bucket/bowl in the 2nd pic until I scrolled down, with something along the lines of, "you need to get your eyes tested!!!". Or "looks more like a crusader job I reckon!!!".
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Better detailed images would clinch it hence my question about the recessed bolt hole for the liner in the dome I was thinking it possibly could be a tankers helmet or a dispatch riders helmet I have just never heard of one being worn in the Africa field of operations.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Better detailed images would clinch it hence my question about the recessed bolt hole for the liner in the dome I was thinking it possibly could be a tankers helmet or a dispatch riders helmet I have just never heard of one being worn in the Africa field of operations.

Regards Mark K
    Not a picture from Africa but in Sicily in 43, so almost certainly worn in Africa as well IMHO, as I cannot see any reason why not. I'll check my books as I am sure there are pictures known of them in use, probably tankers as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War relics in tunisia, summer 2013  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thanks for that Jerry always trying to learn any additional info would be appreciated.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast