Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What aircraft is this from

Article about: I have had this piece a few years & was told at the time i was given it that it came from a crashed German plane , but i don't know what type , so if anyone can identify the piece it wil

?

Default What aircraft is this from

I have had this piece a few years & was told at the time i was given it that it came from a crashed German plane , but i don't know what type , so if anyone can identify the piece it will be very much appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 006.JPG   007.jpg  

005.jpg   008.JPG  

Any markings on it, Bosch or Siemens etc ?
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Any markings on it, Bosch or Siemens etc ?

No markings , also forgot too say it measures approx 4-5" long

?

Hmm, going to guess it's either a starter motor/generator (Hard to say without size reference), or something along those lines, I suppose I can take a look at my notes to tell you exactly what it is, from a technical standpoint at least.

As the casing is missing I doubt there'd be any markings within the area of the coils themselves so getting a positive ID on a manufacturer and therefore aircraft type would be quite difficult.

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Hmm, going to guess it's either a starter motor/generator (Hard to say without size reference), or something along those lines, I suppose I can take a look at my notes to tell you exactly what it is, from a technical standpoint at least.

As the casing is missing I doubt there'd be any markings within the area of the coils themselves so getting a positive ID on a manufacturer and therefore aircraft type would be quite difficult.
    i think i posted the size up just as you were posting your reply Nitram

?

Ah, so you did. It's a starter motor/generator for sure then. I suppose that narrows it down to anything with an electric starter...

?

Ah, so you did. It's a starter motor/generator for sure then. I suppose that narrows it down to anything with an electric starter...

ok , well if you need any different angle photo's etc: just let me know

At 4-5 inches i'd say it's too small to be a starter motor for an aircraft engine, maybe a starter/generator for an aircraft auxiliary engine?...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    At 4-5 inches i'd say it's too small to be a starter motor for an aircraft engine, maybe a starter/generator for an aircraft auxiliary engine?...
    Turbine starter motor/generators on the helicopters I work on are about the same size.

Turbine starter motor/generators on the helicopters I work on are about the same size.
    Yeah but a turbine is far easier to spin up than a big piston engine!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast