Become our sponsor and display your banner here

What happened to these cartridges?

Article about: Battlefield found from a winter war (1939-1940) site in Finland. All help welcome! Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default What happened to these cartridges?

Battlefield found from a winter war (1939-1940) site in Finland. All help welcome!

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 425169a49ad8fdcbe03f357166ca8-orig.jpg  

?

My guess overrrund by a vehicle ?!

?

They look like they have had the insides sucked out.

I wonder, is it possible that they were found in water or wet soil that was subject to being frozen and unfrozen on a regular basis?

If surrounded by water or a lot of moisture, could it be that every time the surroundings became frozen the water, when freezing expanded as it formed ice, squeezed them and distorted them?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    They look like they have had the insides sucked out.

I wonder, is it possible that they were found in water or wet soil that was subject to being frozen and unfrozen on a regular basis?

If surrounded by water or a lot of moisture, could it be that every time the surroundings became frozen the water, when freezing expanded as it formed ice, squeezed them and distorted them?
    Sounds feasible!......
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

I remember seeing a German canteen on here somewhere that had been found in a bunker and had a similar fluted effect. Apparently it was caused by concussion from an artillery shell or a bomb? Although in this case I would have expected to see the bullets popped out of the cases.

?

that is due of near explosion, the exposion generate vacuum. I've seen such items after the explosion
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics