Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is this??. Mine??

Article about: Some police officers aren't the brightest lights in this universe. To much donuts will destroy your brains i believe cheers,

Default Re: What is this??. Mine??

Jeeze guys calm down it's only an armed anti tank mine, it's not like it could..............

I would like to know what he has done by now
    Some people want to disarm it by themself and drill holes in it.. hope he isn't that stupid :O
    To bad he can't tell us how it is, to be vaporized

cheers,

Lol...

He digged an hole of 3 meter deep in an wood by his sisters house. there he place the mine in and trow back the sand...

Thats atleasht what he told me hahahah

i will keep my eyes on the newsbulletins then
    Hope they don't want to make a fence around there house... Putting a pole in the ground... 'poef' 'poef' "booooooooooom"
    "we're flying high in little pieces through the sky"... lalalala

cheers,

Exclamation Re: What is this??. Mine??

A friend of mine used to dig up this stuff and disarm it.... ( I have actualy seen videos on Youtube of crazy Ruskies pounding on mortar rounds to get the fuzes off...) He and a friend dug up an 8.8cm FLAK HE projectile and he was supposed to go to his buddy's house to disarm the thing. He was about 15 mins late and when he turned down the block all he saw was fire and police cars in front of the gaping hole in the block where his buddy's home had been. Round went off and vaporized him and his house. He never touched another one. Aside from being totally illegal it's totally stupid. I'm not sure about Dutch or American munitions but the Germans would pour their HE mixed with parafin. Over the years of heating and cooling in the ground the Parafin outgases and this gas carries TNT crystals into the fuze threads on the round... turn the fuze to remove it a Voila! Ignition! Just as strong as the day it was made.
    A friend who collects Japanese munitions got a pristine mortar round... had it on the shelf for a few years and one day decided to open it up... and hey... what's the smelly stuff inside here under the fuze... and wait... why is there a gaine attached to the fuze?... just before he nearly soiled his underwear... yup... full-on armed round. He realized how lucky he was that no TNT had been in the threads of the fuze and he called the EOD folks.
    I bought an AZ23 from a guy in France over eBay. It is beautiful... I sent pics of it to a friend of mine who is expert in such matters and he said... "Beautiful AZ23... but you do know it live don't you..."
    Nope... didn't know that So there it sits on one of my 8.8 projectiles. I can never sell it.

Goes to show that you have to be careful even when buying from collectors..... but better burned than blown up!

This is some spooky stuff. Explosive sure don't get more stable over time. Mines aren't meant to be stable after they are armed. This kind of stuff has trouble written all over it.

Mike

A same story happent once in the Netherlands (where i live).
    A guy found a mortar round at the beach and brought it home. He thought he could disarm it in his shed. He tried to drill a hole in it, which is the most tupid thing to do with stuff that's (high) explosive. Heat and explosive material isn't a smart combination. While drilling a hole (without any lubrication) the mortar said "kablooooomm" and the guy and his shed were history..

Don't play with explosives

cheers,

Quote by DarkEagle View Post
    He digged an hole of 3 meter deep in an wood by his sisters house. there he place the mine in and trow back the sand...
    EXCELLENT !

So he has left it for some other poor sod to find. Extremely responsible.

Jeez.......I despair. No wonder we relic hunters have a bad name....

Steve T

His solution to this problem is more than disturbing, totally irresponsible and clearly criminal.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this??. Mine??  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast