Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What is this??. Mine??

Article about: Some police officers aren't the brightest lights in this universe. To much donuts will destroy your brains i believe cheers,

Default Re: What is this??. Mine??

Similar occurance with an "expert" who was drilling into a US Civil War cannonball to remove the black powder core when it exploded taking his arm, 1 leg and his SON with it along with the house and car...

I remember being at Ft. Benning, Georgia where 1/2 of US Infantry troops were trained and the shear amount of buried and surface abandoned munitions was astonishing! Every local kid hada collection as many of the acres of land that was used for AIT was turned back to civilian use but was not "clensed" as it should have been. 60mm mortar "duds", and up to 105mm projectiles were still being found recently during new home construction.

Seriously SPOOKY!

I recall that several years ago a German highway worker was killed when his vehicle hit either an unexploded bomb or mine along a main autobahn near Frankfurt. You don't have to go out looking for trouble cuz it will come and find you.

Mike

Explosives horror stories...

I recall a story about about 3 diggers up somewhere in the Netherlands. They were carelessly prodding along in the woods when they came across a metal plate of some sorts in the ground. Instead of digging around it they decided to dynamite it. Little did they know under this metal plate was a whole buried stack of 88mm rounds. I believe two of them were blown to bits on the spot and the other got severly ****ed up and ended up losing an arm.

mr.dirt also mentioned the cannonball story and that is indeed true.

I cringe everytime I see a youtube video where some guy is out in the Ardennes pounding away at a live mortar round with his shovel.

Diggers: Don't mess around with live explosives because one day your luck may very well run out.

The "real" diggers don't play with that kind of explosives.
    They are smart and call the bombdisposalunit
    There is a little place near where i live in which it is forbidden to search, dig or plough beon a certain depth because there is still alot of live ammo/explosives.
    If they find u searching or digging in that area they will take u to the police station.. Thank god they didn't see me when i was there
    I'm certainly not a wise man if it comes to all the explosives and other ammo what was used during the ww2. But i'm wise enough to don't touch stuff i'm not sure what it is.

cheers,

?

Quote by klokhoane View Post
    The "real" diggers don't play with that kind of explosives.
    They are smart and call the bombdisposalunit
    There is a little place near where i live in which it is forbidden to search, dig or plough beon a certain depth because there is still alot of live ammo/explosives.
    If they find u searching or digging in that area they will take u to the police station.. Thank god they didn't see me when i was there
    I'm certainly not a wise man if it comes to all the explosives and other ammo what was used during the ww2. But i'm wise enough to don't touch stuff i'm not sure what it is.

cheers,
    Same in Denmark. There is a former firing range (Amager Fælled) where the Danish Army has been clearing mines, bombs, shells and other explosives since 1945. Some of it dating back to the 17th century!
    My advice: When in doubt, don't touch! Always be careful!

As i advise him to call the bomb squad... he told me his friend did.. so i have to believe that..

Just leave the explosive to the people who know what to do.. dont move it.

Quote by AllanT View Post
    My advice: When in doubt, don't touch! Always be careful!
    Good advice, we all know what happened to Achmed!
    Tom

Exclamation Re: What is this??. Mine??

Most of this stuff ...especially in Holland is still ALL over the place... everywhere. Being a 8.8cm collector I probably would have been blown up by now. SOME of the water or lake finds are not too dangerous but still should not be taken lightly... The land buried stuff is all leathal. Holland, France and Belgium have MILLIONS of items just under the surface. The most leathal are the small bodenzunder 8.8cm KwK 43 projectiles because of the construction of the fuze... no inertial blocking. When EODs find these thay are blown in place... One way this stuff can be disarmed is with a new system which uses a stream of sand/water under VERY high pressure which will eat through steel like butter and not detonate the explosives.... God help me I sometimes wish I worked in EOD.. I'm a sick man....

This is some small stuff that we collected in Iraq, the white stuff on the shells on the left is commercial explosive that was removed from a roadside IED (EFP) and theres another IED (EFP) on the far left pointing into the concrete for safety. The Explosive weve used in this demolition is Bridge dem (See the green boxs it comes in).

And this is whats left of the reinforced concrete Water tank.

?

Hy guys I found this near an old U.S. air force base,

I think its an old WWII water heater, I was also thinking of taking a sledge hammer to it just to see if it rings like a bell WHAT DO YOU THINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though this mine needs to be dealt with by the authorities, I'd inform them that you've just found it and would not mention its been laying around for years, and then let them blow it up safely or disarm it, without it disarming you or your friends, and as I've said before high explosives have a nasty habit of really spoiling your day.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast