MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

What is it? From WW2 USAF rubbish tip in UK

Article about: I dug this relic from a USAF UK airbase, many aircraft operated from it but later on mainly C47 I haven't as yet been able to positively identified it. But seeing the very interesting thread

Default What is it? From WW2 USAF rubbish tip in UK

I dug this relic from a USAF UK airbase, many aircraft operated from it but later on mainly C47 I haven't as yet been able to positively identified it. But seeing the very interesting thread on the WW2 Bomber Crash site in Australia I noticed that the tenth photo down is the same item as mine. The Australian relic is flattened but has a better condition label than mine. however mine retains its original shape, its very sturdy and appears to be made of chrome?. Dimensions 5 inches (128mm) tall 5.5 inches across 140mm. It has 3 rings equally spaced around the outside with a small square shape cut out above each ring.
    For reference it says 'FOR BEST RESULTS REMOVE SMALL EXTENSION NOZZLE WHEN NOT NEEDED'. Perhaps it used to refuel aircraft?.
    ( Sadly I can't upload the photo's there seems to be a problem, so I'll do it as soon as possible)
    Thanks for your help.

LUCKYSTRIKE

?

Default Re: What is it? From WW2 USAF rubbish tip in UK

Take a look here, probably it helps: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...australia.html

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: What is it? From WW2 USAF rubbish tip in UK

Apologies for the long delay in posted the pictures of the relic for identification, I lost access to the internet for a couple of weeks.
    All the Best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is it? From WW2 USAF rubbish tip in UK   What is it? From WW2 USAF rubbish tip in UK  

What is it? From WW2 USAF rubbish tip in UK   What is it? From WW2 USAF rubbish tip in UK