Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Where to dig in Belgium?

Article about: Hi everyone. I am going on a 2 week holiday to Belgium on the 19th and I would like to get some relic hunting done but I've never done it before, I've only ever done coin hunting. Could you

?

Default Where to dig in Belgium?

Hi everyone.
    I am going on a 2 week holiday to Belgium on the 19th and I would like to get some relic hunting done but I've never done it before, I've only ever done coin hunting. Could you give me some info on where are the best places to go and what the laws regarding relic hunting are there? I would love any info you have on the best museums there as well! Any tips would also be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.

Be very careful in Belgium and never dig without permission. If you are caught detecting on public land you may be arrested, you will lose your detector, and your vehicle may be impounded as well...I recommend checking out some of the stories in our metal detecting section before you go on your trip, friend...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Be very careful in Belgium and never dig without permission. If you are caught detecting on public land you may be arrested, you will lose your detector, and your vehicle may be impounded as well...I recommend checking out some of the stories in our metal detecting section before you go on your trip, friend...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks, I'm browsing the section now.

?

What about field walking in Belgium and picking stuff up?

The same, it's not yours.
    Bring it to the local police and they will help you out.
    Imagine, I'll find your wallet.....