MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Would anyone be interested in this?

Article about: Hi sorry for making another thread (again ) I was wondering if anyone would be interested in pics of an amazing place I discovered full of relics from the war outside an RAF base. I will onl

Default Would anyone be interested in this?

Hi sorry for making another thread (again ) I was wondering if anyone would be interested in pics of an amazing place I discovered full of relics from the war outside an RAF base. I will only post in here because I don't want many people knowing.

It was when I was driving around the perimiter of old airfields I noticed in someones back garden a rather long air raid shelter so I asked if I could take a nose around and got full permission etc. Theres a few WW2 buildings within this area and when I had a look in his huge shed full of tractors I found some pretty awesome gems. There was a british brodie helmet just laying there which had a bullet hole on the front and an exit hole at the back. I think a US military carry bag thing with a 40's gasmask inside it. On the floor there were 100s of unissued 1941-44 dated dust goggles I think or protective eyewear with them all still unopened in their packets. I did photograph the lot but unfortunatly my hdd died so I lost them pics. so if theres any interest I will go back and rephotograph the area again.

Default Re: Would anyone be interested in this?

You back yet?

Tom

Sunrise tomorrow is 08.10.....You know what you must do!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Any interest????? ...... as long as the sea is salty and our A-holes point to the ground I think there would be none of us that wouldn't like to see ( or wander ) around a trove like that!
    Bring them piccies on brother!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Oh go on then if you must.

lol ok, the guy is kinda paranoid that I will steal some of his stuff, I get on great with him but its like he semi jokes that I will run off with his stuff and I semi joke that I will. little awkward lol maybe ill show my passport next time

?

At least this one could pass the Turing test......................

A

Paranoia is probably the reason it still exists!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Be fantastic to see. Untouched all those years? Don't find that often anymore.

ye he also finds live 303's a lot which are just laying about. Hes got a few 40s dated metallic ammo crates too, he gave me a 1950s 303 bullet one. Not sure if ive ever posted that on here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast