Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WW1 .303 Inspection Rounds - the "motherload"

Article about: A few more bits coming out the WW1 section of my site. More drill rounds, in stripper clips and loose, plus what I am assuming is part of a pocket watch - am I wrong? cheers Matt

Default Re: WW1 .303 Inspection Rounds - the "motherload"

Quote by harry211 View Post
    Thanks Rob - Army Catering Corps - didn't think of that one but obvious once you know . Interesting about the watch being in use in WW1 era as everything else from the recovery area has been 1912 to 1917 in date so glad this may well be the same sort of time frame and there may not be cross-contamination from the WW2 area of the site.
    The only downside is that the Army Catering Corps were formed during WW2. Personally I would prefer the Aylesbury Cricket Club or something explanation.

Rob

Quote by
    Also found the remains of a handle of an item of cutlery perhaps, that is stamped "The Property of the A.C.C" - any ideas who the ACC are/were. I was thinking Army Cadet Corps maybe??

cheers
    Matt

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    ACC= Army Canteen Comittee, Created 1917, Changed to NACB 1919 so farly scarce, shame theres not much of it left!!

Hangarman

Quote by hangarman View Post
    ACC= Army Canteen Comittee, Created 1917, Changed to NACB 1919 so farly scarce, shame theres not much of it left!!

Hangarman
    Thanks for id Hangarman . really glad it is off the same WW1 vintage as the other finds, but as you say shame the condition is so poor.

?

heres the follow on to your ACC cutlery mine is NACB on a fork lovely finds BTW

[QUOTE=Steve T;626237]Indeed. I couldn't find a brass strip belt at short notice and they are normally upwards of £70 so I thought this one would do for now But I agree, it would need to be the brass stripped belt to be totally authentic to rounds of that vintage

QUOTE]

Finally bit the bullet, so to speak, and bought a Vickers belt from IMA, dated 1915 so I can get that haul of .303 WW1 inspection rounds displayed. Here's some pics of the belt with 30 rounds loaded so now need to clean up the rest of them

Steve/Tony - my wife is ever so grateful that you came up with the suggestion of the Vickers belt and of the need to keep it authentic to the rounds. The WW1 ones are twice the price and how she does love me spending my (what's mine is hers) money on such things
    WW1 .303 Inspection Rounds - the "motherload"WW1 .303 Inspection Rounds - the "motherload"WW1 .303 Inspection Rounds - the "motherload"

Thats better, just need a fluted jacket Vickers! Christmas pressie may be ?

Hangarmab

Quote by hangarman View Post
    Thats better, just need a fluted jacket Vickers! Christmas pressie may be ?

Hangarmab
    Not any time soon I think, unless I win the lottery between now and Christmas - though must be my turn now surely

Pleasure to be of assistance All you need now is a rock tumbler and your cartridges will even clean themselves

Great display piece

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3