Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Bulgarian Relics?

Article about: Hi all. I have just returned from a trip and visited a couple of areas where Bulgarian and British troops faced each other during the First World War. I found one of these metal plates at ea

Default WW1 Bulgarian Relics?

Hi all. I have just returned from a trip and visited a couple of areas where Bulgarian and British troops faced each other during the First World War. I found one of these metal plates at each, quite remote, location (about 30 miles apart) so on that basis I am confident that they are related to the War. One is slightly larger than the other. My first thought was that they were part of a boot but I haven't been able to find a match. Could be British or Bulgarian I suppose. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Bulgarian Relics?   WW1 Bulgarian Relics?  

I could be way off here but they look like metal cow shoes (horse shoes for cows)
    WW1 Bulgarian Relics?

I think you could be correct. I will do some digging as this may well be a possibility. Many thanks.