Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Polish Camp With Exciting Finds!

Article about: Have been researching a former WW2 Polish settlement in a local village where i lived for many years. The settlement was formed sometime in 1939 when the German Blitkrieg stormed into Poland

Default WW2 Polish Camp With Exciting Finds!

Have been researching a former WW2 Polish settlement in a local village where i lived for many years. The settlement was formed sometime in 1939 when the German Blitkrieg stormed into Poland. Many Polish fled from the onslaught to arrive in England where they created settlements and helped local farmers by working the land etc. I have been given special permission by the landowner to metal detect and dig on the site which has turned up many interesting finds without a metal detector! For example the owner was removing one of the old huts on the site last year, when the hut was removed and the ground beneath dug a rusted German rifle was found along with some German coins. These were found by accident and their reason for being there is simple. Many of the Poles who fled the Germans were armed for obvious reasons but once arriving in England these weapons were retained in case of German invasion where they could be used again. When the camps last tenants moved out in the late 1940's the owner explained many weapons were buried within the grounds as they were no longer needed. Many of the Polish refugees who lived on the site remained in the UK marrying local ladies and settling down. I have allready been to the camp and taken photos and will be going for a dig on the site in the Spring 2011 and Jimpy (Ian) and Shadowwolf (Simon) will also be joining me and its a very exciting prospect as the owner who is a grandson of one of the original Polish refugees has said anything could be lying in the ground on the site which has an overgrown memorial in its centre. Ive offered to clear the memorial as a favour when we go there too. I have seen the relic rifle which looks to be a K98. I hope to get photos soon and cant wait to get digging there in 2011. Tim.

Default Re: WW2 Polish Camp With Exciting Finds!

WOW! Tim sounds like this is going to be an intresting site. i really look forward to what you and the gang find! make sure to take looks of inground pictures

cheers

John

Sounds like a really good place for relics Tim.

Let us know how you guys get on and make sure you post plenty of pictures

Good luck

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Sounds like a really good place for relics Tim.

Let us know how you guys get on and make sure you post plenty of pictures

Good luck

Steve T
    Hi Steve sure will no problems and it will be interesting to actually dig on the site, something ive wanted to do for a while now. Regards, Tim.

Tim I can remember when you told me about your site, I'm pleased for you that you've finally got the chance to search there should be lots to find. I always enjoy posts that show British found relics so Im as excited as you to see what you'll recover. Good luck.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Tim I can remember when you told me about your site, I'm pleased for you that you've finally got the chance to search there should be lots to find. I always enjoy posts that show British found relics so Im as excited as you to see what you'll recover. Good luck.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Cheers for that mate! It will certainly be interesting. I know the odd person has been there uninvited and found lots of coins-until the owner turned up and told them they had to go!! So it will be nice to go there and have a good look around and a dig. The owner will give the run down on the history of the site next time i see him and i will have to upload some photos soon when i find them out as they are proper SLR pix and not taken with the digital. Cheers loads, Tim.

?

Hi Tim,

Im really looking forward to this one mate, (it'll make a change from having to be careful because of broken glass and bottles containing "dodgy substances" LOL)

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: Tim can you text me your HOME number again, I never got it last time. Thanks, Ian

Looks like fun!

Please remember to post pictures of your finds when you get back!

Awesome story
    I'm looking forward to the pictures and the findings of course
    Good luck

Have you been yet Tim?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast