Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII Relic Sites In The States

Article about: Hey Guys, Thought I would share some of the WWII relics I have found here in the States. These are not as cool as the battlefield found relics lots of you guys are finding but its all we got

Default WWII Relic Sites In The States

Hey Guys, Thought I would share some of the WWII relics I have found here in the States. These are not as cool as the battlefield found relics lots of you guys are finding but its all we got here.
    One of these days I would love to hunt relics on your European battlefields. These were found on private ranch property in AZ, I like to photograph all finds. Hope you enjoy.

Default Re: WWII Relic Sites In The States

Dirt Detective, Thanks for posting they're great pictures, I like to see items as found. You've got a good selection there.
    These are the sort of items that used to be found often in the Ardennes (but yours are much better condition). It'll be great if you visit the European battlefields but you'll probably find it hard to find relics these days in the West you'd be better off heading to the former Eastern Front.
    If you find more in the US please post pictures.
    Thank You.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

?

interesting! I found such "trefoils" caps before, but I am wondering how that ordnance survived for so many years like that without nobody removing it.

Nice finds !

Quote by Matt R. View Post
    interesting! I found such "trefoils" caps before, but I am wondering how that ordnance survived for so many years like that without nobody removing it.
    Hi Guys..The one thing about our deserts here are they are huge and vast..and the stuff blends in and not too many people go out there. I have missed items that were less than 20 feet from me on previous trips.
    I will try and post a few more pics tomorrow when I get home from work. Glad you guys find this interesting.

Very interesting to see these items in the USA. Thanks for showing them and welcome to the forum! It would appear only the cardboard tubes have rotted away from the 81mm mortar carriers.

Cheers, Ade.

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings All,

Neat thread. Mortar rounds and bazooka rounds found like that usually mean they are "Duds",fired and didn't go off, and are potentionally very dangerous. No matter how old they are there is a strong possiblity of detonation when handled.

Fred

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very interesting to see these items in the USA. Thanks for showing them and welcome to the forum! It would appear only the cardboard tubes have rotted away from the 81mm mortar carriers.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade and gents, thanks for the welcome. The cardboard does not hold up well to the elements unless somewhat protected. Here we see a bush that protected the cardboard for more than 60 years. I would have like to see this pile of grenade tubes 60 years ago. Sorry for the bad pics of the grenade lids, they are scans of photos. Now i take digital with me.

Rgds, Mike

wow. i find these findings interesting. did jou take anything home, or not. i mean you shouldn't take a mortar round to your house but just some not dangerous stuff. and why let the army let all those potentially dangerous explosives lay around in a eara where every body can wolk over a landmine. i just don't understand

Quote by dutchww2 View Post
    wow. i find these findings interesting. did jou take anything home, or not. and why let the army let all those potentially dangerous explosives lay around in a eara where every body can wolk over a landmine. i just don't understand

The M1 and M1A1 mines you see are practice mines. When run over with 500lbs it produces a smoke discharge. Here are some I found..very easy to remove the smoke charge once you learn how.
    The military did bring Italian prisoners in after they stopped using the area for training to clean up the area but the area is so big..they could not find everything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast