Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds

Article about: by oksnevad_2 Thanks! I have about 2000 things stored away in the garage, so photos new photos will come fast Keep them coming

Default Re: www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    Thanks!
    I have about 2000 things stored away in the garage, so photos new photos will come fast
    Keep them coming

ITEM nr. (6)

Thin German "Luftwaffe?" porcelain plate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds  
    Last edited by oksnevad_2; 05-14-2010 at 11:35 PM.

ITEM nr. (7)

A German "Kriegsmarine" porcelain dinner plate made by "Bavaria" in 1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds   www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds  

www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds  

ITEM nr. (8)

German left arm rank insignia "Obergefreiter"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds  

I like the plate, at least you found both halfs of the Eagle and Longboat.
    Regards, Simon.

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    I like the plate, at least you found both halfs of the Eagle and Longboat.
    Regards, Simon.
    Thanks

You know, the funniest thing is that I found these two pieces almost two years, and 1000 m apart! I guess somebody blew it up or something

Some very nice finds you have there. Can't wait for more photos

Just a quick observation. The 'practice' smoke nade you have. It looks like it has the remains of a detonator poking out the bottom. You sure it's a practice nade ?

Cheers

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Some very nice finds you have there. Can't wait for more photos

Just a quick observation. The 'practice' smoke nade you have. It looks like it has the remains of a detonator poking out the bottom. You sure it's a practice nade ?

Cheers

Steve T
    Thanks!

How I found this item is really disturbing actually!

I was walking on a marked well used trail in the woods near a place which had lots of German military activity during the war... Suddenly I spot a tiny rusty piece of metal sticking up from the dirt trail.. I start clearing the dirt around it and find myself looking at a German grenade head.. At first glance I thought ooOOO shit, German explosives = boooOOOm (aka: unstable), but then I noticed the holes in the grenade head, then being a practice grenade.. well aware of the power of the detonator, I called a friend of mine who is a explosive dude, and yeah...

The crazy thing is that this trail has been a popular running trail for over 50 - 60 years, and this thing has been there for 70 years, what if had been a live m24 grenade?! Scary thought actually

ITEM nr. (9)

Parts of a German gasmask made by "AEG" in 1940.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds   www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds  

www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds   www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds  

www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds   www.FestungNorwegen.net - Relic finds  

Skipper
    ?

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    what if had been a live m24 grenade?! Scary thought actually
    Hi Leander,

Although I don't want to hijack your cool thread I thought I HAD to respond to your quote seeing that I had exactly the same experience as you - only that in my case it WAS a live M24!

Just over a year ago, I was looking through some rocks at a rather famous German/Norwegian battle site and now tourist attraction. I saw a faded/corroded looking metallic ring down inside a large gap between two rocks. Leaning down to lift it out I felt it attached to something like rotten wood. Pulling it out without a care I found what looked like an old German Hand Grenade Handle. Naaah, no way I thought!! So I put my hand in a bit deeper thinking I might find the other half only to feel some more wood. This bit was a lot heavier than the first. Stil not realising the reality of pulled it out to find - SSHHIIITTT- an unexploded M24!!!!

Picture attached...

One interesting evening followed with the local Army and an extremely large bang reverberating down the fjord!!!

Best regards,
    Graham

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast