Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A years hard work has paid off

Article about: Firstly id just like to say what a great web-site. Well after a year of rumageing around on the old rubbish dump on my airfield we have started to clean all the finds up and start to reserch

Default A years hard work has paid off

Firstly id just like to say what a great web-site.
    Well after a year of rumageing around on the old rubbish dump on my airfield we have started to clean all the finds up and start to reserch everything. My finds range from dog tags to toothbrushes to aircraft wreckage. Over the next few weeks i will post pictures of all my finds for you guys to look at. For now ive just posted a few of my favourites.
    Digging this site wasnt enough to find most of this. All of the smaller finds were found by sifting the dirt with a garden sieve.
    The only question i have is why am i finding so many dog tags and even a couple of doubles? One or two are missprints so prob just thrown out as rubbish but no one can make out how the others got there.
    Iv shown all my finds to the chaps at the 381st museum they were so pleased someone had taken time to save this stuff from decay. They cant wate to have it as part of their museum next year!
    Let me know what you think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A years hard work has paid off   A years hard work has paid off  

A years hard work has paid off   A years hard work has paid off  

?

Default Re: A years hard work has paid off

welcome to the forum you've got some really nice finds there i really like the personal stuff like the dog tags & rings keep up the good work cant wait to see more

Great finds and welcome to the forum!!!

Can't wait for your next post! Are they from Ridgewell?

Regards, Ned.

All from a Essex / Suffolk border airfield.
    Last edited by 381st digger; 12-28-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

These are really impressive finds. I don't think I have ever seen such a large group of dog tags like this before from an airfield.

Cheers, Ade.

Welcome aboard , great finds , keep them comeing , cheers Raymond

hi and welcome, i love your findings. You got a lot of dog tags there. Are the red and the white things light covers from a plane?? That's what i thought when i saw them for the first time.

Hi dutchww2. Yes they are wing tip lights from a B17. (so iv been told)

allright, wel thanks for your fast reply . keep up the good work. I would like to see more of your work in the future.

greetings

HI and welcome to the forum

Some superb finds there mate

The discs you have with the one hole in them....I have found one of these things as well with the chain still attached. Any idea what it is ?

Steve T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast