Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 New Ones

Article about: Hi all Here's the latest purchases. An un-issued swiss M57 for AU\\$65 and a custom made repro of a Japanese Tanto for AU\\$80. Probably payed a little too much for both but I liked them.

Default 2 New Ones

Hi all

Here's the latest purchases. An un-issued swiss M57 for AU$65 and a custom made repro of a Japanese Tanto for AU$80. Probably payed a little too much for both but I liked them.

2 New Ones

?

Whilst I don't own one myself I've always liked the look of the Swiss M57 bayonet. I find it strange that such a modern looking bayonet was still issued with such an old fashioned leather frog.

Its actually some kind of plastic.

?

Attachment 637549
    I was referring to the frog which attaches the scabbard to a belt

The leather frog is the same as the previous Schmidt Rubin rifle pattern bayo frog-the Stg 57 bayo is a very well made piece of quality steel but it's more meant for parade use than the field-the following model is a vicious bastard of a fighting weapon in comparison-have one around somewhere, will try to dig it out.

Quote by jase770 View Post
    Its actually some kind of plastic.

Yes, the sheath of the M1957 fits to the frog of the M90 !

2 New Ones

Quote by lithgow View Post
    ... -the Stg 57 bayo is a very well made piece of quality steel but it's more meant for parade use than the field-...
    That´s wrong !

The M1957 bayonet was a real "combat" -bayonet, not a "parade" -bayo !

From an army that hasn't fought a war since the mid 19th century-a very bright polished steel blade screams 'parade' not keeping a low profile in the forest...

Thanks for all the info guys. You are a wealth of information.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    From an army that hasn't fought a war since the mid 19th century-a very bright polished steel blade screams 'parade' not keeping a low profile in the forest...
    No way !

There is no question that the M1957 bayonet was a service bayonet and by no means a "parade bayonet".

Switzerland also defended its border during World War I and World War II, with fixed bayonet on its border, and these bayonets were "blank"!

Not forgetting the battle of the Bagni di Craveggia during the Second World War.
    The Swiss Air Force also lost four pilots and crew members in direct dogfights.

Swiss Model 1957 Bayonet
    2 New Ones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast