2 New Ones

Article about: Hi all Here's the latest purchases. An un-issued swiss M57 for AU\\$65 and a custom made repro of a Japanese Tanto for AU\\$80. Probably payed a little too much for both but I liked them.

Default 2 New Ones

Hi all

Here's the latest purchases. An un-issued swiss M57 for AU$65 and a custom made repro of a Japanese Tanto for AU$80. Probably payed a little too much for both but I liked them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1140.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	637471

?

Whilst I don't own one myself I've always liked the look of the Swiss M57 bayonet. I find it strange that such a modern looking bayonet was still issued with such an old fashioned leather frog.

Its actually some kind of plastic.

?

Attachment 637549
    I was referring to the frog which attaches the scabbard to a belt

The leather frog is the same as the previous Schmidt Rubin rifle pattern bayo frog-the Stg 57 bayo is a very well made piece of quality steel but it's more meant for parade use than the field-the following model is a vicious bastard of a fighting weapon in comparison-have one around somewhere, will try to dig it out.

Quote by jase770 View Post
    Its actually some kind of plastic.

Yes, the sheath of the M1957 fits to the frog of the M90 !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 (73).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	637845

Quote by lithgow View Post
    ... -the Stg 57 bayo is a very well made piece of quality steel but it's more meant for parade use than the field-...
    Thatīs wrong !

The M1957 bayonet was a real "combat" -bayonet, not a "parade" -bayo !

From an army that hasn't fought a war since the mid 19th century-a very bright polished steel blade screams 'parade' not keeping a low profile in the forest...

Thanks for all the info guys. You are a wealth of information.