Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Now that is new one on me? Cheers, Ade. I know that the Chineese had a few, but have never heard that the Japanese had any... The Japanese had their own pattern of Jump h

Default Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet

Japanese Test Type 1 Knife/Bayonet.. Often commonly refered to by collectors as a Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet or a Type 100 Submachine Gun Bayonet...Enjoy this RARE Japanese bayonet....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet   Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet

Picrure Postcard:February, 1942 into Palembang, Sumatra
    :: Japanese Knife/Bayonet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet   Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Japanese Paras.............

Attached Images Attached Images Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet  Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet  Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet 

Nice bayonet Bill! I feel stupid now that I saw one of these at a flea market, and thought it was fake and passed it up. Oh well. Thanks for sharing.

Markings: Nagoya Arsenal... Toyoda Automatic Loom Works......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Test Type 1 Bayonet  

Thanks for showing the nice bayo and photos Bill. I have never seen an actual photo of this one before, just a hokey drawing. It's interesting that the blood groove is the same as it is on the type 30 and 99. I thought the groove would go inside the handle on this shorter one, but I can see it actually does stop before the crossguard.

Jay

?

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Nice bayonet Bill! I feel stupid now that I saw one of these at a flea market, and thought it was fake and passed it up. Oh well. Thanks for sharing.
    Myself as well, I saw one of these without a sheath for sale once and thought it was a fake or a cut down bayonet.... wow.

?

thanks for sharing Bill .......i am still a newb at collecting but my little collection of odds and ends is starting to swing towards different kinds of bayonets and it is nice to see this piece.

Good deal, Bill !

Thx. for showing !

Did you know, that Japanese Para´s were equipped with German M38 helmet´s also ?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Did you know, that Japanese Para´s were equipped with German M38 helmet´s also ?
    Now that is new one on me?

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast