Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ak47 to be identified

Article about: Pls help me to understand what kind of ak47 bayo this item is. Don´t write that this is a soviet ak47 - this is obvious. My Q-n is why this set is so different from usual soviet-produced ak4

?

Default ak47 to be identified

Pls help me to understand what kind of ak47 bayo this item is.

Don´t write that this is a soviet ak47 - this is obvious.
    My Q-n is why this set is so different from usual soviet-produced ak47 bayos - scabbard is not of black metal (as usual for soviets), hanging detail is different and hanging itself is leather (not textile as all the other soviets of that time)?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ak47 to be identified   ak47 to be identified  

ak47 to be identified   ak47 to be identified  

ak47 to be identified   ak47 to be identified  

ak47 to be identified  

Default Re: ak47 to be identified

I have one of this type myself and I dont think they are unusual, as with yours, mine has the mark for the Izhevsk factory so I imagine its just a variant produced by them. The scabbard is the standard type but the original finish (mine is heavily blued almost black) is missing.

I believe that this is a Bulgarian bayonet, and that it is a first type.

Am I mistaken about the triangular mark on the cross guard being for the Izhevsk factory then?

Hi,
    i am sure it is the earliest type for the AK, i had one some time back also i think the marking is russian.
    Dave.

?

Thanks for your comments

Off course the bayo is sovietrussian (not bulgarian) because it shows clearly the Izhevsk factory triangular mark.
    I am wondering about scabbard - or it is very early and non-typical russian-made or it is early bulgarian-made.

My main Q-n is so has anybody seen before such kind of russian-made scabbard for ak47 bayo?

Sorry I cant give you a definitive answer, but it matches my bayonet below. Since the scabbard is not maker marked it could be a little difficult to find out who made it for sure. I have looked in 'An Illustrated History of Bayonets' by Martin Brayley which shows various types, (Soviet, Polish and East German) but not this variation. The scabbard looks most like the East German model, but I cant get an exact match. The Soviet ones shown have the webbing frog and the scabbard itself is not the same as our bayonets have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ak47 to be identified