Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Alcoso Bayonet

Article about: Hi. I am new to the forums here and would like some help with any information you can provide about this Alcoso bayonet. I believe it is WWI era, but am not sure. Also, what sort of weapon w

Default Alcoso Bayonet

Hi. I am new to the forums here and would like some help with any information you can provide about this Alcoso bayonet. I believe it is WWI era, but am not sure. Also, what sort of weapon would it have been attached to? Thank you for your help!

Alcoso BayonetAlcoso BayonetAlcoso BayonetAlcoso Bayonet

Default Re: Alcoso Bayonet

This bayonet should be a Imperial dress bayonet.
    They did not put on the rifle.
    M aybesomeone wanted to increase value of the bayonet, and put stag grip with nuts, which ACS (nuts for grip) never used.
    This makes also "saw" a very suspicious.
    Conclusion - someone destroyed a good bayonet.
    Proper Alcoso Weimarer dress bayonet, should look like this: (formerly bayo had the entire handle painted in black color)

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alcoso Bayonet  
    Last edited by Rancid66; 04-05-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks Vedran. The bayonet was owned by a WWI AAS pilot. I wonder if he changed the handle or if he acquired it this way. Hard to tell. But thank you for the info!

Just be careful.
    Dress bayonets was made for lower NCO - by according to their private requirements, so there is many combinations.
    But this is very suspicious to me, maybe I'm wrong, but there are too many things that do not fit in the period.
    And at the end, a bayonet saw are very often faked, because, saw ncrease the value of a bayonet at least 100%.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 04-05-2013 at 07:19 AM.