Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Antique Iron Spike Knuckle Duster question?

Article about: I have a question regarding a pair of what I believe to be antique knuckle dusters. I was wondering if any you could perhaps shed some light on them for me, as far as how old you think they

Default Antique Iron Spike Knuckle Duster question?

I have a question regarding a pair of what I believe to be antique knuckle dusters. I was wondering if any you could perhaps shed some light on them for me, as far as how old you think they are, and if they're legitimate of course? They appear to be late 1800s, early 1900s to me, but I'm no expert. I've only been able to find a similar example on one website. I'll attach the link below. They appear to belong to the Queensland police museum. Well, any input on them is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jack

https://ehive.com/account/3606/objec...Knuckle_Duster
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Antique Iron Spike Knuckle Duster question?   Antique Iron Spike Knuckle Duster question?  

Antique Iron Spike Knuckle Duster question?   Antique Iron Spike Knuckle Duster question?  

Antique Iron Spike Knuckle Duster question?   Antique Iron Spike Knuckle Duster question?  

Many, if not most, of the dusters with knuckle Spikes are from the WWI era, for the nasty trench fighting, etc. They've made brass knuckles for a Long time now, but they were generally your run of the mill jawbreaker styles. Knuckles like the pair shown were made with a much more Lethal intention than your more common jawbreaker bar fight/mugger types.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hey,

Thanks for your input! I wasn't very sure at all, as I am no expert by any means, but that makes a lot of sense. I have seen WW1 era trench knifes with spiked knuckles, so I can see how they'd be put to use in that manner during trench fights.