Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bayonet help please

Article about: by cornish1 Hi Richie,thanks for the info!,ive had a look on the blade by the hilt and there is definately a 5 there and what looks like a 1 but also looks a bit like a w?,unless its a scrat

?

Default Re: Bayonet help please

Crazy nice combat item...

I guess you should not clean it and just let it as it is

Quote by Bruno View Post
    Crazy nice combat item...

I guess you should not clean it and just let it as it is
    I agree !

@ Mark
    I also got a pile a bayo´s month´s ago, among the an 98/05 "butcher"-Bayo with sawback in quite bad condition.
    Want to leave it at it is ...

BTW, your bayo show´s history !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet help please  

Hi guys,thanks for all your help on this bayo,very interesting indeed and after long thoughts i`ve decided to leave it as is. For some reason i just assumed it would be british bullet holes that caused this damage,obviously this isnt the case so out of more curiousity i tried to measure the bullet diameter as much as possible and have a reading of 10-11mm. Please could anybody tell me which bullet from which gun from which country made these scars?..as always thanks again for your help and great knowledge!....
    All the best

Mark.

it could be shrapnel bearings from an aeiral shell burst that would meaasure around 10 mills at least per ball and provide a ood peppering of them or it could easily be the expanded impact of a 303 round mushrooming as it penetrates just my guess

Thanks panzerjaeger44 thats an interesting theory of the areial shell burst that i`d never thought of..much appreciated. So would this be the general consensus of most other members i wonder?

i cant speak for the others cornish i just recall that shrapnell shells actually contained ball bearings and they still used them back then most other shrap is actually fragmentation miscalled shrapnell a message drummed into my head at the tender age of 17 at the royal artillery museum down on the plains of salisbury

panzerjaeger44 thank you again for that snippet of info,thats what i love about this site,yu learn something new everyday!.

lol well the army taught me some thing hehehe

?

Nice Cornish! Its always Kick ASS to see a neat combat wounded relic!! I have yet to add a sawback to my collection, but you have sparked a flame inside me! My latest purchase was a 39 elite diamant k98 matching #s. Gotta love bayonets. They add such a "kick" to the good old collection! again...nice find that shows true character

I could be wrong but it seems I saw this bayonet before. Either in Wehrmacht Awards or on Ebay.

Bob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast