Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet Identification

Article about: Hello Folks, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me identify either of the bayonets in the attached photo. My parents are in Kosovo (former Yugoslavia) and found a guy in a marke

Greg Brummitt
    ?

Default Bayonet Identification

Bayonet IdentificationHello Folks,

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me identify either of the bayonets in the attached photo. My parents are in Kosovo (former Yugoslavia) and found a guy in a market there selling these two bayonets. They're considering getting one for a friend as a Christmas present. The seller says they are both WWI era and the top one is Italian and the bottom one is Austro-Hungarian. I can't find any pictures or listings online to match the bottom one and and the top one seems too similar to many of them for me to identify it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also are these in reasonable condition given their age? They seem pretty rusty to me. Thanks!

Default Re: Bayonet Identification

Greg

Welcome to the Forum.

The bottom one is certainly not WW1 or Austro-Hungarian. I think it is from a post WW2 Soviet/Chinese/Yugoslav SKS type rifle.

Not sure about the other one - possibly Italian and certainly older.

Condition - awful.

The lower one I would agree looks to be from an SKS or something similar. Permanently attached under the muzzle, on a hinged bracket. A permanently attached bayonet tells a lot about the doctrine and psychology of a nation I think.

I've seen that pommel style on the top one somewhere before but I can't place it now.... It has been sharpened a lot in it's time.

Bayonet IdentificationBayonet IdentificationBayonet Identification
    Quote by Richie B View Post

Not sure about the other one - possibly Italian and certainly older.

Italian M38

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    The lower one I would agree looks to be from an SKS or something similar. Permanently attached under the muzzle, on a hinged bracket. A permanently attached bayonet tells a lot about the doctrine and psychology of a nation I think.

probably soviet, GDR, or, an chinese M56 ?

Due to the runners I donĀ“t think Yugo