Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet information

Article about: Hello everybody, Today im posting a group picture of some my bayonets. i know a little about them however, a little more information would be appreciated, especially on the Russian spike bay

Default Bayonet information

Hello everybody,
    Today im posting a group picture of some my bayonets. i know a little about them however, a little more information would be appreciated, especially on the Russian spike bayonets, the M16 bayonet and the British bayonet. if you need better pictures just tell me and ill post em.
    thank you for your time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet information   Bayonet information  

Bayonet information   Bayonet information  

Default Re: Bayonet information

Hello-what is it you want to know?- what rifles they fit, their correct names...?

Well, i have a general idea of what rifles they fit (Enfield, Mosin Nagant, and M16) but I would really like to know how rare ,or common these are, and what their value is. and if you can, if they are (the British Enfield bayonet, and Mosin Nagant Bayonet) original to WW2. and what time period the M16 bayonet is. Thanks

The spike British bayo is the No.4 MkII* with the No.4 MkI scabbard for the Lee Enfield No.4 rifle-not rare and in well used condition, not very valuable-the Mosin Nagant bayos are for the M91/30 model rifle and are from the early 1930s on until about 1950 as production and overhaul of the Mosin rifles ceased, they don't have scabbards as the Soviets kept them fixed on the rifle, again common and not valuable-the M16/M16A1 rifle bayo is M7 with the M8A1 scabbard, again lots made from 1960 onwards-the value of bayos like most militaria and indeed most things people collect is determined by rarity, condition and fashion- WW2 German stuff is more valuable because people want it more than equivalent stuff from the Allies or other Axis powers-the British bayo is WW2 period and the Soviet pair could be pre or during the war, most likely during as thats when the greatest production was.
    We would need to see the Japanese Type 30 bayo blade for the markings to see who made it to determine the rarity of it.

Its a WW2 japanese training bayonet, I posted it a while ago and it was authenticated, I can post pictures if you would like, still, I wasn't told how rare or valuable it is.