Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonets found hidden in a wall in Cyprus

Article about: My friends found two bayonets hidden in the wall of an old house in Cyprus. We presume they were hidden there during a conflict. One is a 1907 design Wilkinson with a 45cm blade and I have f

IshmaelB
    ?

Default Bayonets found hidden in a wall in Cyprus

My friends found two bayonets hidden in the wall of an old house in Cyprus. We presume they were hidden there during a conflict. One is a 1907 design Wilkinson with a 45cm blade and I have found many versions on the internet. Unfortunately it's been given a thorough cleaning. The other is a Sanderson with painted scabbard and a blade of about 25cm. My questions are 1) can anybody tell me anything about it 2) is that blood on the blade? 3) how much might we get for it? Bayonets found hidden in a wall in CyprusBayonets found hidden in a wall in CyprusBayonets found hidden in a wall in CyprusBayonets found hidden in a wall in CyprusBayonets found hidden in a wall in CyprusBayonets found hidden in a wall in CyprusBayonets found hidden in a wall in Cyprus
    Thank you

good old fashion rust.nice find.

Nice find!....

?

They are interesting, especially how they were found. Apart from that, there really isn't much value to them given their condition. The shortened one could have possibly been done by the Turkish in the 30's, hard to say.

Nice find,
    Jim

they look like relics excavated from a tomb, the aging looks different than usual, looks like the scabbard protected the blade it still looks good, except for the exposed handle.

they make interesting conversation pieces with the story of where they were found.

great finds.
    Thanks for sharing them with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.