Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Brazilian M 1908 Bayonete, but it is kind of different....

Article about: Hello, I have a question about a bayonet I recently acquired. I received it from a friend, and he didn't even know what it is. I did some research and found out that it is possibly Brazilian

Default A Brazilian M 1908 Bayonete, but it is kind of different....

Hello, I have a question about a bayonet I recently acquired. I received it from a friend, and he didn't even know what it is. I did some research and found out that it is possibly Brazilian made...the problem is, there should be an inscribed name of the company that made it, which was Solingen, but there is nothing there. The only thing that looks relevantly like a inscription, is an oval attached to half of another oval. The blade is around 15 inches long, and the hilt is around 5, for a total length of 20 inches...Can anyone help me figure out what this is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Brazilian M 1908 Bayonete, but it is kind of different....   A Brazilian M 1908 Bayonete, but it is kind of different....  

A Brazilian M 1908 Bayonete, but it is kind of different....   A Brazilian M 1908 Bayonete, but it is kind of different....  

Default Re: A Brazilian M 1908 Bayonete, but it is kind of different....

Solingen is a city in Germany where many of the sword and bayonet makers were based.

Some of these bayonets were made by Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co. - possibly by other companies as well.

If yours is Brazilian made then don't be worried by the lack of the Solingen mark.

The mark on the back of the hilt near the attachment slot is a Brazilian Army acceptance stamp.

Regards

Richie

As Richie above has said, but the makers name on the ricasso could
    have been worn or ground off. This may be the case because
    it looks heavily cleaned/polished...............
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Your piece is a brazil M1908/34 contract piece, made in Czechoslovakia. So there is only Z in circle on frog stud, the scabbard should be leather with steel mounts.