Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone help me identify my bayonet

Article about: My Dad gave me a bayonet that has been in my family for awhile but I dont know anything about them. He doesnt know the history of it either and so I thought I would join here to find out and

cjg476
    ?

Default Can someone help me identify my bayonet

My Dad gave me a bayonet that has been in my family for awhile but I dont know anything about them. He doesnt know the history of it either and so I thought I would join here to find out and learn more about this stuff. I have included pictures. Any help with this would be awesome guys. I intend to learn about the different things passed down from generation to generation and hope you all can help me. Thanks in advance, Corey.

There appears to be an H in the middle of the handle and a serial number of 3562. Also on the side where you can see the small slit of where the handle comes together with the blade there is a letter "C". I dont see any other markings on the bayonet anywhere.

Again thank you all for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone help me identify my bayonet   Can someone help me identify my bayonet  

Can someone help me identify my bayonet  

?

Default Re: Can someone help me identify my bayonet

My guess would be spanish but would wait for others oppinions on this one
    Sean F

It's a Turkish M1935 Bayo for the Mauser M35 Turkish rifle. This bayo is new made for the weapon as opposed to the many different types of older or captured bayos modified to the M1935 type by the Turks.

cjg476
    ?

Thanks Lithgow. I found some markings on it as. fa barely visible and I found that too. Are they worth anything or is it a good garden tool?

Not worth very much as the condition is well worn and the markings are hard to see-perhaps $US 10 or so.