Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese type 81?

Article about: So I have an opportunity to purchase this bayonet from a local source but don't know much about it. The seller claims it is very rare and asking \\$400 US. That is probably out of my price ran

Default Chinese type 81?

So I have an opportunity to purchase this bayonet from a local source but don't know much about it. The seller claims it is very rare and asking $400 US. That is probably out of my price range but thought I'd ask around to see if I might be missing an opportunity. What I can find online suggests this is about market value but how rare is this bayonet?

Any comments welcome.
    Thanks,
    Pal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese type 81?  

Default Re: Chinese type 81?

its quite rare but $400 is a bit much its more uncommon than rare

tom

The seller insists this is a WWII era bayonet but from my research it appears to be a AK variant making it much newer. Anyone know the history on these? Dates of production or issue? It is listed at several internet bayonet sites but there is not very much info. The Chinese Type 81 assult rifle was used int he 80's and 90's and I assume this is the bayonet for it.

The seller also insists that it is worth around $500-600 or that one sold on ebay for such... I don't think I am interested in purchasing it but now I am curious about it's history and true value.

Pal
    Last edited by paladin1919; 08-27-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: grammar

Definitely not a WW2 type-the Chinese military use the year of issue as the designation for weapons and equipment-T53 Carbine=Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine, locally produced from 1953 for the PLA-current issue equipment especially from authoritarian regimes is usually difficult to obtain even though it may be made in large amounts-thats what gives it value to a collector (in good condition even more so)-would think that much for the bayo is expensive. Actual WW2 Nationalist bayos are very hard to find in good or better condition due to extensive field use with Nat, Jap and/or Comm forces over the period of the various wars 1937-53.

well it sure isn't ww2 it is a chinese ak47 bayonet which is way post war and you can buy better bayos than that for $500-$600 last one on ebay was for $218 i am sure you can get them cheaper still its just hard to find and bear in mind that a dealer is obviously going to make it sound a lot rarer than it is so he can get a good profit

tom