Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Czech Bayonet?

Article about: I have a Czech csz bayonet im selling for a friend does anyone know anything a bout this one? What model is it and is it war time? I belive it goes to the Czech k98 copy. It is marked CSZ on

Default Czech Bayonet?

I have a Czech csz bayonet im selling for a friend does anyone know anything a bout this one? What model is it and is it war time? I belive it goes to the Czech k98 copy. It is marked CSZ on the scabbard with 2 emblems and FR 7200
    On the bayo it is marked CSZ D , On the grip (A) and on the pommel T4 7423
    What is the value ~30$??? - Thanks -Ben

Czech Bayonet?Czech Bayonet?Czech Bayonet?Czech Bayonet?Czech Bayonet?

?

Default re: Czech Bayonet?

Czechoslovakian vz-24. It's not a copy of k98. Before the ww2, CS was one of the leaders of European weapon industry. That is why Germans wanted it so badly. Rest of the reasons are just a lyric

here is the short version of lyric

Prices can vary from $25-50, depend on overall condition.

Quote by ph3s View Post
    Czechoslovakian vz-24. It's not a copy of k98. Before the ww2, CS was one of the leaders of European weapon industry. That is why Germans wanted it so badly. Rest of the reasons are just a lyric

here is the short version of lyric

Prices can vary from $25-50, depend on overall condition.
    To right ph3s re the quality of the Czech arms industry.
    The Germans were very happy to accept Czech. weapon systems into service.For example it was not PzKpfw III's and IV's that bore the brunt of the action during 1939-40 but the Czech designed LT-35 which the Germans designated PzKpfw 35 and the TNHP which became the versatile PzKpfw 38 family of vehicals.
    As you say the Quality of their equipment was world class.
    All the best
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-10-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo

AK I notice that you are also a citizen of the great commonwealth of Pennsylvania (the land of infinite road construction and stingy liquor laws). If you happen to be located in Steeler country (Western Pa) I might be interested in the bayonet for around $30... That is you haven't sold it yet.

Pal

Default Re: Czech Bayonet?

Im a little more north I have one guy looking right now but I will pm you if its available. I live in closer to lake Erie the land of constant snow and the road construction too in the summer. -Ben

?

Default Re: Czech Bayonet?

The piece was a part of romanian contract for Vz.24 rifle, the grips and blueing on scabbard are already romanian refurbishment. When You look to emblems on scabbard it could be one with MC in circle, and other is doubble cross on three hills which is slovakian independent state acceptance.