Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

czech mauser bayonet

Article about: Hi, can anyone help me with the markings on this bayonet. The blade is much darker in the flesh, almost black. Annoyed from this ads?   Regards peter.

Default czech mauser bayonet

Hi, can anyone help me with the markings on this bayonet. The blade is much darker in the flesh, almost black.
    Regards peter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture czech mauser bayonet   czech mauser bayonet  

czech mauser bayonet   czech mauser bayonet  

Could this be a german rework of the czech VZ 24?

?

This is, most likely, a German modified vz24. The muzzle ring being ground off is a German modification, I just find it odd that the blade is the only thing blued. If the Germans would have blued it, the entire bayo would have been blued. Not saying it couldn't have been done, just not something I am accustomed to seeing. Carl has a pretty good page on Czech markings and if I am reading it right yours would be for an infantry regiment. Here is the page:
    Czechoslovak Bayonet markings

Jim

Have to agree appears to be a German modified vz24 I have had a few like it but usually as Jim P says they are completely blued markings are interesting. timothy

Thank you for the replies

?

Your czechoslovak Vz.24 bayonet was reworked by germans in WW2, for 18. Infantry Regiment it was stamped in Czechoslovakia probably in 1927.The blueing on pommel and crossguard was removed or was weakly and is already gone.

thanks for your post ,very good!

Hello,

yes a Seitengewehr 24 (t).

Reworked by the germans since 1942.

P18 is the former czechoslovakien Unitstamp of the 18. Infantry Regimnet.

Regards

Perhaps not that surprising IMO, the blades and cross guards were probably sandblasted first prior to being "Parkerized" (ie: gray phosphated) when manufactured. With the very minuscule pitting that resulted providing places for the bluing to cling to, whereas the bulk of the handle was originally polished smooth, and the cross guard reworked. Being in agreement with AndyB that the bluing is most likely just worn off the surface. Best Regards, Fred

Hello,

yes the bluing is worn or "cleand" away.

Former all parts were blued.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture czech mauser bayonet   czech mauser bayonet  

czech mauser bayonet