Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

danish "long bladed" assault rifle bayonet

Article about: I have carried this bayonet and the belt "prongs" are not the ones we used in the Danish army. The ones 37Webbing posted are. The bayonet is for the G3 or M75 Heckler & Koch 7.

?

Default Re: danish "long bladed" assault rifle bayonet

I have carried this bayonet and the belt "prongs" are not the ones we used in the Danish army. The ones 37Webbing posted are. The bayonet is for the G3 or M75 Heckler & Koch 7.62X51 rifle as it's also called in Denmark. The Scabbard should also be HMAK stamped. My fellow Danes are of course right on this issue.

Happy new year and Happy collecting.

Regards, Lars

Thx. a lot mates !

Now I only have to know, which other scandinavian bayonet was used together with this German made sheath ...

IMHO bayonet and scabbard are absolutely matching ... ?

BTW, not all of the danish scabbards are, (were), danish marked.

Best regards,

R.

found this:

M/1975 long
    TL/OA 370 KL/Bl 230 PR/Md 22
    Tillverkning/Production HMAK
    (Bild/Picture) (Stämpel/Marking) Knivbajonett. För gevär M 75 (AG3)
    Som M 1975 men längre klinga. Klingan blank. Baljan av tysk tillverkning, ej dansk bäranordning. balja av typ M8A1.
    Detta är egentligen ingen försöksbajonett, men jag vet inte var jag ska placera den....
    Då Danmark skulle beställa bajonetter till AG3 önskade Livgardet en egen modell, som man samtidigt önskade en prisuppgift på. Fabriken tillverkade ett antal långa bajonetter samtidigt med de 'vanliga', men de långa beställdes aldrig. Dessa såldes senare av Frankonia.
    For automatic rifle M 75 (AG3).
    Like M 1975 but with longer blade. The blade is polished. Scabbard of German manufacture, no Danish frog. Scabbard of type M8A1.
    This is not really a tral bayonet, but I don't know where to place it...
    When Denmark ordered bayonets to the AG3 rifle, the Royal Lifeguard wanted their own model, and a price was requested. The manufacturer made some long bayonets at the same time as the 'usual' bayonets, but the long ones was never ordered. They where later sold by Frankonia.

there:
    Danska Bajonetter / Danish Bayonets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12