Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr

Article about: Hi, mates ! Today I received this Advanced Combat Knife, made by Eickhorn. Some collectors say, such knives never were issued in the Bundeswehr, but this particular knive definitively saw &q

Default Eickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr

Hi, mates !

Today I received this Advanced Combat Knife, made by Eickhorn.

Some collectors say, such knives never were issued in the Bundeswehr, but this particular knive definitively saw "action" in an Bundeswehr-unit in Bosnia and I do not believe, the soldier carried it as a "private purchased" knive ...

I know, such knives were made as commercials also, but they´re showing a maker´s-logo, marked upon the blade.

I think, such ACK´s, showin´ a (Part- ?) -number and the abbreviation BUND were issued in small numbers in only a few units in the Bundeswehr.

Anybody of you guy´s has further informations ?

Thx. in advance,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr   Eickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr  

Eickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr   Eickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr  

Eickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr   Eickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr  

Last edited by Reibert; 01-31-2014 at 11:18 AM.

This, particular, Advanced Combat Knife was, (as far I was told), in the possesion of a former member of the Bundeswehr, an Army aviator in a Sicherungseinheit.

The soldier received the Eickhorn ACK just before his deployment to/in(to) Bosnia.
    As far I was told, only a very few soldiers in his unit were equipped with such pattern knives, (for testing purposes ?).

The soldier was a member of the DIVISION SALAMANDRE (SALAMANDER DIVISION).

Here´s an Eickhorn KM2000 ("Kampfmesser Zwotausend") pilot batch for comparison purposes.
    This, ("early"), Kampfmesser 2000 still show´s the hilt of the Eickhorn Versuchskampfmesser.

The BW issued KM2000 with a Versuchskampfmesser der Bundeswehr:
    Eickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr

Interesting knives Reibert, from the once great house of Eickhorn. Hopefully you can uncover whether they were actually issued to Bundeswehr soldiers. I wouldn't think just have a BUND marks is evidence of a Bundeswehr contract. It was an old habit of Solingen blade making companies to make "examples" of what they would like to produce under contract. There's evidence of this in my WKC catalogue of 1893 where they show a British P1888 MkII bayonet. WKC never produced the P1888 bayonet, though probably wanted to. WKC also included pictures and details of the Luftwaffe General's sword in the late 1930's catalogues even though there is no evidence it was ever made. Eickhorn seems to got that contract. So could be these are teaser knives Eickhorn produced in the hope of hooking an Army contract. Wouldn't be the first time.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    ... Hopefully you can uncover whether they were actually issued to Bundeswehr soldiers. ...
    The knives were tested / trialled in the Bundeswehr actually but, never, ever, accepted / introduced ...

Some images of the knife, source: the book "Deutsche Kampfmesser" from Eugen von Halász:
    Eickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr

Another image of the A.C.K. (source: the book "MESSER deutscher Spezialeinheiten" from Dietmar Pohl).

Caption:
    Luftlande- und Lufttransportschule, I. Inspektion - Unteroffizierslehrgang Teil 2
    Erprobungsmuster ACK- Kampfmesser von Eickhorn.

Some more images of another A.C.K.
    Eickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr

It´s much more easier to find a "KM 2000" than an "Eickhorn A.C.K."
    Eickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the BundeswehrEickhorn ACK in the Bundeswehr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast