Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ernst Busch Made WW1 German Trench Knives

Article about: Greetings all, I thought I’d share some pictures of two recently acquired variants of the WW1 era Ernst Busch made German Trench Knives. In short, they came in a metal (Steel) handled and wo

Default Ernst Busch Made WW1 German Trench Knives

Greetings all, I thought I’d share some pictures of two recently acquired variants of the WW1 era Ernst Busch made German Trench Knives. In short, they came in a metal (Steel) handled and wooden handled version. Also included I’ve included a picture from this book http://www.amazon.com/GERMAN-COMBAT-...+combat+knives
    showing a WW1 German Soldier wearing one of these style knives. Both scabbards have the standard flower patterned snap stamped keepers and neither has button holes on the rear. One is made of standard grade leather, the darker one is made from a pebbled textured economy leather.

Oddly, the steel handled one is only slightly heavier when the pair are held with one in each hand.

Regards,

Lance

Ernst Busch Made WW1 German Trench KnivesErnst Busch Made WW1 German Trench KnivesErnst Busch Made WW1 German Trench KnivesErnst Busch Made WW1 German Trench Knives

Default Re: Ernst Busch Made WW1 German Trench Knives

Nice pair! And Welcome to the Forum!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ernst Busch Made WW1 German Trench KnivesErnst Busch Made WW1 German Trench KnivesErnst Busch Made WW1 German Trench KnivesErnst Busch Made WW1 German Trench KnivesErnst Busch Made WW1 German Trench KnivesErnst Busch Made WW1 German Trench Knives

Welcome, Lance !

Very nice Armeedolche, thx. for showing !
    IMO, pretty scarce the Busch, showing the metal handle !

What´s the lenght of your Busch, showing the wooden handle ?
    The blade lenght of my Armeedolch, made by Busch, measures only 13,44 cm !

Best regards,

R.

Greetings Reibert, thank you for your post and your kind welcome too. My wood handled one’s blade alone measures 16.5 CMs from the crosspiece to its point.

Yes, I was very pleased when I found the metal handled one, the seller did not realize the handle was metal he listed it as made from an “ersatz material”. When I saw that I realized it must be the metal handled variant or some other unknown type. It indeed turned out to be metal variant and as a bonus with most of its original black paint still intact.

Regards,

Lance

The "origin" lenght of the blade of such Ernst Busch should measure 15 cm, (15,1 cm).

A collectors mate owned such Armeedolche, made by Ernst Busch, blade lenghts:
    148 mm
    131 mm
    152 mm

I had used a Leatherman Multi-tool’s scale to measure it the first time. I printed out a Metric ruler and re-measured it and it turned out to be 152mm. I apologize for my initial poor measuring, probably why I’m not a machinist eh?

Regards,

Lance

Thank you present on page my book, in the next month I print new book on the german knives with 240 pages and more 400 knives et bayonet knives. You can helpe me if you want.
    C Méry