Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle

Article about: Hello All, This is a bayonet I picked up recently. I have yet to get it confirmed but I think it may be a genuine Experimental Bayonet for the short lived Farquhar Hill automatic Rifle of th

Default Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle

Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic RifleExperimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle
    Hello All,
    This is a bayonet I picked up recently. I have yet to get it confirmed but I think it may be a genuine Experimental Bayonet for the short lived Farquhar Hill automatic Rifle of the 1920's.
    There are reproductions out there normally the wrong length and dates are wrong on the ricasso, The trials were conducted by the mid 20's with the rifle which was rejected because of feed problems and weight.

The bayonet which was a 1907 modified by re shaping the point and shortening the scabbard was made about 1924.
    N
    My one fits all of the criteria for size and dates.
    I need to compare it to another so anyone with any knowledge please help. This is a very rare bayonet ..I hope it is a good one.

Top two photos are the Farquhar Hill Rifle and the Data for it.

Regards

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle   Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle  

Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle   Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle  

Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle   Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle  

Default Re: Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle

Hello All,
    Just had an E-Mail from Ian Skennerton who believes this bayonet to be a genuine example.
    If anyone else has any thoughts please let me know.

Regards

Jim

Default Re: Experimental Bayonet for Farquhar-Hill Automatic Rifle

If Ian says it is OK, that is good enough for me.

Cheers, Ade.