Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fairburn Sykes Knives.

Article about: Hi, KMS1960, it did'nt, Hastings still looks like its been freshly bombed by a returning Dornier that had to jettison its load.............

Default Fairburn Sykes Knives.

hello again, I'm interested in opinions of those who may be in the know, I recently bought two 2nd pattern F-S knives, one all blued and the second brass handled with bright blade, both with good etched panels, scabbards both good, I know this site is'nt about valuations but these are for my own collection anyway, I have always wanted a few of these and decided to take the plunge and buy, I paid £600 each (£1200 the pair) I think I got a good deal but I could be wrong............I have to say I am very pleased with them regardless........cant stop playing with them............must clean my greasey pawprints off sometime and put them away..........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fairburn Sykes Knives.   Fairburn Sykes Knives.  

Default Re: Fairburn Sykes Knives.

With respect to the men behind the inception of the knives, it's "Fairbairn"... and markings on the blades have everything to do with the value.

Fairbairn

I stand corrected...Fairbairn it is...Thank You'

Better pics of the blades?

I have some and will post, Thanks.

A few pics of the blades for you KMS1960, first four are of the blued knife, second four are of the other with brass coloured handle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fairburn Sykes Knives.   Fairburn Sykes Knives.  

Fairburn Sykes Knives.   Fairburn Sykes Knives.  

I'd say they definitely look like the real deal, WWII issue. Great finds!!!

A couple of nice examples of forged, and I believe, hand ground blades.
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for your input guys, they are very pleasing to handle I must say, get quite a chill imagining what use they may have had.

Makes you wonder if they saw combat actually, the scabbards look way to clean, especially the tips?

Off topic, but just wondering, how did Foyle's War affect tourism and the popularity of Hastings?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast