MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

French Model 1874 Gras Bayonet

Article about: Hello All, I recently acquired this bayonet and was doing a little research on the cartouches. I have yet came across a site that could tell me, so I thought I would share it here. I was rea

Default French Model 1874 Gras Bayonet

Hello All,

I recently acquired this bayonet and was doing a little research on the cartouches. I have yet came across a site that could tell me, so I thought I would share it here. I was really wanting to now if this was Colonial Expeditionary, Legion or whatever information I could find to possibly ascertain what theater it may have served. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Model 1874 Gras Bayonet   French Model 1874 Gras Bayonet  

French Model 1874 Gras Bayonet   French Model 1874 Gras Bayonet  

Hello, made for the French Army in the St Etienne Factory. Used in many wars.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

On hook should be serial number of rifle matched with, the missing of anchor stamp speaks for normal french army, not used in colonials. b.r.Andy