Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frog I.D

Article about: Hello Guys ,Is this frog Austrian or Czech. I think it,s Austrian but i,ve seen very similar on Czech bayonets.They could be Austrian made i suppose and used on Czech bayo,s,Any info welcome

?

Default Frog I.D

Hello Guys ,Is this frog Austrian or Czech. I think it,s Austrian but i,ve seen very similar on Czech bayonets.They could be Austrian made i suppose and used on Czech bayo,s,Any info welcome Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frog I.D   Frog I.D  

Frog I.D   Frog I.D  

?

IMO its a WW2 Czech Mauser Bayonet Frog

It does look like a Czech VZ frog!..

Have to agree with Paul & Gunny, Its Czech

?

Thanks Chaps much appreciated .Paul.

?

I may be proven wrong, but I don't think so. It is Austrian for a Mannlicher bayonet. I see no markings indicating it is of Czech manufacture and it is identical to Austro-Hungarian manufacture.

?

Being devoid of any markings, I don't know if there is a way to tell the difference. As far as I know the Austrian 1895 frog and the Czech VZ-24 can look identical.

Jim

?

Very true, but this one shows evidence of the Mannlicher bayonet scabbard's flat frog hook, rather than the round post seen on most Mauser scabbards.

?

While it is true that most foreign mauser style scabbard frog studs are of a round style mounting, the Austrian 1895 and the Czech VZ-24 had identical flat frog studs. Here is an example from my Czech S 24t:

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images Frog I.D 

?

By golly, you are correct Jim, I should have done more checking before making my statements above. I don't collect the Czech bayonets and am not as familiar with them as I am with Imperial German bayonets. Open mouth - insert foot! Thanks for the correction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast