Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue

Article about: Enjoy this German 98/05 bayonet RLM (ReichLuftMinistry) issued and marked...Bill

Default German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue

Enjoy this German 98/05 bayonet RLM (ReichLuftMinistry) issued and marked...Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue   German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue  

German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue   German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue  

German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Default Re: German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue

I dont know if this is the right thread but i have bayonet I believe its a S96 Imperial german army made by E F Horster. The markings are a crown with a capital W underneath and under that O6 and under that the proof markings.The blade is some 25inches long and has a flared tear drop towards the tip i think this is called either a sword bayonet or a leaf bayonet . On the cross guard there are these markings 56.R.E.2.31. Can anyone help to ID these markings and tell me please.

?

a very nice bayonet , scabbard and frog Bill and a model i`ve yet to add to my collection
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Hi Dave , from your description it sounds as though you have an S98nA " pipeback " bayonet . The markings you refer to i think stand for the 2nd Company , 56th Ersatz Regiment , weapon no. 31
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by davejb View Post
    I dont know if this is the right thread but i have bayonet I believe its a S96 Imperial german army made by E F Horster. The markings are a crown with a capital W underneath and under that O6 and under that the proof markings.The blade is some 25inches long and has a flared tear drop towards the tip i think this is called either a sword bayonet or a leaf bayonet . On the cross guard there are these markings 56.R.E.2.31. Can anyone help to ID these markings and tell me please.
    Post some picts of your bayonet...Must be a 98 Quill Back...
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Thankyou for the info on the S98 bayonet,I had tried tosource info online and ref books but to no avail,thats what i like about this forum ,theres always someone who knows something more about a subject and is willing to pass their experience on ,thats why i enjoy this site so much.As for my showing pics ,i will as soon as i get my camera back off my daughter and she shows me how to use the damn thing!!

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thankyou for the info on the S98 bayonet,I had tried tosource info online and ref books but to no avail,thats what i like about this forum ,theres always someone who knows something more about a subject and is willing to pass their experience on ,thats why i enjoy this site so much.As for my showing pics ,i will as soon as i get my camera back off my daughter and she shows me how to use the damn thing!!
    Here is an engraved German 98 quillback bayonet in my collection...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 98/05 Bayonet Luftwaffe Issue  

wow!,,,great bayonet Bill,,,i have never seen one of these engraved until now,,,thanks for posting,,,Robert