Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Demag Crank Handle Bayonet

Article about: Hi, Basically I've been handed down a German Demag from my late farther's collection. I've had the bayonet for many years but only now started looking into the item, It was my dads favourite

Default German Demag Crank Handle Bayonet

Hi,

Basically I've been handed down a German Demag from my late farther's collection. I've had the bayonet for many years but only now started looking into the item, It was my dads favourite and he told me it was very rare. I've been looking online to find some information regarding it and I figured that this forum was an excellent place for information etc I'm not looking to sell it as its a treasured item and reminder of my dad.

Its in very good condition in my opinion and has some interesting stamps on the handle of which I have no clue what they could mean.

If you guys could take a look and give me some feedback on what you think I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
    Alex

p.s just hope you dont think its a fake!

German Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle BayonetGerman Demag Crank Handle Bayonet

Default Re: German Demag Crank Handle Bayonet

Very nice bayonet

Thank you fella.

A very nice Unit marked Crank Handle Bayonet
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thank you Bill, do you know anything about them?

Cheers
    Al

Nice one!
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Very nice piece mate !!

Yes I have a couple in my collection....They are considered a semi-quasi Ersatz bayonet even though they were issued early in the war for Gew98 Rifles they will also fit The Gew88 and all the other German Mauser rifles and some other WW1 European countries
    Mauser clones...It is a very desirable bayonet and also considered a close combat trench knife....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks for taking the time out and giving me the nformation Bill. Much appreciated. Alex

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast