Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Gras´bayonet by Alex.Coppel

Article about: Nice bayo - an exact copy of french original made by Alex.Coppel SOLINGEN.. Question stays - for what country it was done // to which country I have to list it in my collection? In internet

?

Default Gras´bayonet by Alex.Coppel

Nice bayo - an exact copy of french original made by Alex.Coppel SOLINGEN..

Question stays - for what country it was done // to which country I have to list it in my collection?

In internet I found only useless mentionings "from Balkan countries to Latin America"..

Has anybody some more precise information // better idea?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	710 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	1091308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	1091309  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	1091310  

?

Nobody has to say. There are only versions.
    Last edited by Dmir; 07-09-2017 at 09:52 AM.

?

Can´t believe that there is no any data..
    We just need the list of countries using those Gras´rifles and then we can go further..

One more thing - those Alex.Coppel Gras´ bayonets has very miniature marking in the spine: latin literas "ED" in oval frame.. if somebody would know to which country such marking may belong, we would have an answer.....

One is clear so far - latin literas "ED" are excluding countries with slavic alphabet.. so most Balkan countries at that time (Serbia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Greece) were already excluded.. only Roumania stays.....

Alexander Coppel also known as Alcoso produced a varied amount of different type edged weapons for Germany and abroad.

This is a Solingen Germany producer.

This forum which you listed may be correct or this forum here > http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imperi...ustro-hungary/

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Gras M1874 bayonet Alex Coppel, crown LR

..I agree with AndyB that marking "LR" with crown is most probably Leopoldus Rex - king of Belgium.
    Didn´t find before, that my example has the same marking too - it was just under robust cover of black paint :-)

The availability of those Alex.Coppel Gras´bayos here in Europe also is a sign that Alex.Coppel produced them for some country of civilized part of Europe - not for some outskirts.. just simple-stupid logic..

So I will close that issue for me and will list this bayo within my collection as the belgium one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

?

This bayonet is of course debatable. One opinion is for Belgium. I'm also inclined to think so.
    On the topic of bayonets of this type (LR under the Crown) there are materials of French collectors. They showed photos of Belgian soldiers with bayonets.
    Name:  soldat mit Gras.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  74.1 KB

?

Hello
    more informations, french first, then in english
    Baïonnette 1874 Gras

cordially
    Didier