Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help!!

Article about: The bayonet frog is the british nylon parade/drill pattern c.1980's

?

Default Help!!

Can someone please help who knows about knifes I have contacted the museum n the cant help I am lead to believe it is a ww2 baynot I'm unsure if its German or us. Some antique collector offered me £20 but when I said I will take it somewhere he said he would bid me for it .I can't upload a picture never used this site before so completely clueless. Although I can send pictures via email. Any help would be appreciated Thankyou x

Default Re: Help!!

Hello Lucimo,, and welcome to the forum. Nothing personal towards you, but it would not be advisable for members to give out their personal email ( Unless the member is well known ) in fear of a potential unwanted "Hack" or "virus",, but this would be the personal preference of the member wanting to help. As per your request..
    " Any help would be appreciated",,,, There is a link that I have posted below to click on,, that will guide you through the uploading process.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you are still having difficulty the members here will be very helpful in guiding you to correctly upload your photos.
    We are looking forward to seeing your bayonet. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks larry I just emailed some pictures to a member the said they will upload for me Thankyou x

?

Hi Luci,

Here are the pics...... I don't think it's German though. The guys here will know for sure and can move the thread to the correct forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help!!   Help!!  

Help!!  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian for helping out,, I will forward this to the Bayonet Guys......Lucimo,, Thanks for your understanding and patience! regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thankyou all for your help much appreciated x

Hi Larry, It's a Model M-4 U.S. bayonet for a M-1 Carbine rifle. These were used in WWII, Korea and early VietNam. The scabbard is not right for this one, it looks homemade or something?? Nice bayonet though.

Thanks
    Burt

4md
    ?

the scabbard looks like a british one for the jungle carbine or slr

US M4 pattern bayo for the M1 Carbine-the scabbard is incorrect-appears to be a British pattern for the various knife type bayos that start with the No.5 (for the Jungle Carbine) and end with the SLR L1A1-frog is the Pattern 44 green-as the M1 carbine was used by many armies during and after WW2 it's difficult to tell who used this one.

?

Thankyou all for your help. If someone offered to buy this how much we talking is £20 correct x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast