Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help cleaning/ identifying

Article about: Grandpa's bayonet reads J. Sch on one side of blade and 4 6 2 a on the other side. I'm guessing the case is not a match since it reads: E.u.F. Horster 1940 with 6515 on the other side. My qu

Default Help cleaning/ identifying

Grandpa's bayonet reads J. Sch on one side of blade and 4 6 2 a on the other side. I'm guessing the case is not a match since it reads: E.u.F. Horster 1940 with 6515 on the other side. My questions are: How do I clean it? Would it have been issued from Canadian army, or would he have picked it up whilst in Belgium, France, or another location. I'm not sure where he served during WWII. Thank you. Sorry, I cannot figure out how to post the pictures.

Welcome to the forum Carolee!

Here is a thread containing visual instructions on how to upload photos to your posts.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos

My suspicions are that it is a German bayonet, we'll find out when you add photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hello Carolee,
    With those marking I will say it's German and your Grandfather being in the Canadian army, You are probably right that he picked it up while he was in Belgium.
    Once you post an image of it we can confirm it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

For the cleaning go minimal. Coat of oil, wipe it down.
    Post some pic's of it and we can tell you the RIGHT WAY to clean it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very likely a S84/98 German bayonet, "J.Sch" was the maker, meaning Jetter U. Scheerer of Tuttlingen. This maker made bayonets until 1941.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Very likely a S84/98 German bayonet, "J.Sch" was the maker, meaning Jetter U. Scheerer of Tuttlingen. This maker made bayonets until 1941.
    A good call, I'm of the same opinion. Best Regards, Fred

Maybe a close relative of this one? (She’s 1940)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help cleaning/ identifying