Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help identifying a sword

Article about: Hello, I went in search of a 1944 Ford Jeep tub and the owner had picked up this sword at a pawn shop and can't find where it may be from. I am not into swords and could not find any identif

?

Default Help identifying a sword

Hello,

I went in search of a 1944 Ford Jeep tub and the owner had picked up this sword at a pawn shop and can't find where it may be from.

I am not into swords and could not find any identifying marks on the sword other than "Breda" imprinted on the leather. I also could not find any swords that look similar to this one on general inet searches.

If any of you recognize this sword and can tell me about it I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Onaway

Help identifying a swordHelp identifying a swordHelp identifying a swordHelp identifying a swordHelp identifying a sword

MAP
    ?

This probably does not help at all (its for pottery LoL) but it is the same marking on the blade.

Crown With Cursive "L" (Is It Real Ludswigsburg of Württemberg) - Pottery Mark Query

I do not study these but it resembles European Artillery swords. That might be a direction to go as well...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Breda is a city in the southern part of the Netherlands.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breda
    This would be where the maker of the frog is from, might be someplace to start.
    Ralph.

Help identifying a sword
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Breda is a city in the southern part of the Netherlands.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breda
    This would be where the maker of the frog is from, might be someplace to start.
    Ralph.

Help identifying a sword
    Correct and for fun I've been casting a net (I'm sure the dagger/sword guys will know in a heart beat). But the "L" might be Leige. but the proof on the pottery is awfully close...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Dutch Infantry short sword or sidearm M1859

I forgot to add the source of this information.

https://oldswords.com/

You do have to pay a small sum to access the full functionality. I find it very useful. It has a very good search function and many photographs of swords and sideaarms.

I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer.
    Last edited by Richie B; 08-22-2017 at 08:18 AM. Reason: More info

Like Richie said: Dutch "Infanterie onderofficierssabel M1859". Also known as "korte sabel nr 3"(short sabre nr. 3)

[008] m1859 Infanterie onderofficierssabel

Nice!

Cheers,
    Emile

That's a nice short sword, you did well. If it had a knuckle guard it would look like a Naval cutlass. I presume you have both the frog and scabbard, could you give us a zoomed back photo of sword in the scabbard. Thanks.

?

The guy that was selling the Jeep tub had the sword and I told him I would try to find out for him the mfg, model number etc. I knew if there was any one that would know it would be members on this forum.

Those were the only photos I took.

i appreciate all you information and help.

Onaway

?

Quote by Richie B View Post
    Dutch Infantry short sword or sidearm M1859

I forgot to add the source of this information.

https://oldswords.com/

You do have to pay a small sum to access the full functionality. I find it very useful. It has a very good search function and many photographs of swords and sideaarms.

I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer.
    I'm also a paying customer on that site. Excellent info for the small price paid.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

That sword was the sharpest knife or bayonet I have ever touched. His Dad tried talking him into dulling the edge a bit. If he ever drops it and tries to catch it he'll lose a finger.

This is what I have been doing in my spare time over the last three years.

Re: MB 409356 - photos added 03 Mar 1017 - G503 Military Vehicle Message Forums

I need to update my photos. I am getting closer to start putting the small items on the body. I couldn't save the back panel.

Help identifying a sword

Help identifying a sword

Help identifying a sword

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast