Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.

Article about: Dear Friends, i want to show you an other knife from my collection, the hungarian general purpose knife, early type. The knife was introduced at the late 40s, and was used even in the late 6

Default Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.

Dear Friends, i want to show you an other knife from my collection, the hungarian general purpose knife, early type.
    The knife was introduced at the late 40s, and was used even in the late 60s.
    Total lenght:26cm
    Blade lenght:15cm
    Blade width:3cm
    Blade is unmarked, sheath is leather, sometimes with Inspection stamp.
    Due to the lost war, and missing materials, financial difficulties,it was issued in a wide range ioneers, engineering units, guards,paratroopers and even officers in certain cases.
    The shape and design is pure, i would say it follows the M1917 austrian fighting knives, there are even round handle variation of it with serial number.

Valentin Vocelka
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.   Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.  

Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.   Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.  

Default Re: Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.

Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.

pretty nice !

Later, the design of this knife was copied for the hungarian mine detecting-knive´s ...

brilliant knives to the both of you they look like they were never used very nice

tom

Dear Tom!
    Thank you very much, i was also very happy to get an nearly unused knife with a inspection inkmark on it

Dear Reibert!

You have right, your knives( M1970 ) followed mine.
    I know 3 variations of M1970 knife,green, black smooth surface, and black rough surface handled knife(like yours).

My knife was also official part of the mine refuse kit, but as i wrote ,there are evidences that nearly all kind of units used it.
    In some cases, even in the 80s was visible on the belt of the officers who were controlling the traffic at the entrance of military bases.

Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.Hungarian general purpose fighting knife from the late 40s.
    Quote by talltom View Post
    brilliant knives to the both of you they look like they were never used very nice

tom
    Hi, Tom !

Here´s one in really bad condition, but, I like it !

R.

Great looking blades on them!...