Become our sponsor and display your banner here

I inherited this bayonet from my father and I can find the model?

Article about: British 1907 pattern for the Lee Enfield rifle. The "X" on the ricasso indicates an inspection approval.

?

Default I inherited this bayonet from my father and I can find the model?

I inherited this bayonet from my father and I can find the model?I inherited this bayonet from my father and I can find the model?I inherited this bayonet from my father and I can find the model?I inherited this bayonet from my father and I can find the model?

British 1907 pattern for the Lee Enfield rifle. The "X" on the ricasso indicates an inspection approval.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Indeed it is, to be specific an Australian made version, from November 1945, (OA is Orange Armoury I believe) but the scabbard is a mismatched WW1 era type, with oval
    frog lug. Actually the "X" was a blade strength and flexibility test.

The scabbard looks to be a 1903 pattern.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Anderson is spot on.

The scabbard is a No.1 Mk.II which was designed for use on the Pattern 1907 bayonet and issued up until the end of WW1 - so its right for your bayonet but just from an earlier time. The Pattern 1903 scabbard is a far bit shorter as their blade was only 11.75 inches as opposed to the 1907 blade's 17 inches.

Alex

?

From shape of hook on scabbard, it looks like a prewar piece.Australian P1907 bayonet. b.r.Andy