Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

interesting knife/hewer military?

Article about: hello can You help me with identification of this knife?is it some garage praduction or maybe contract weapon?is it real to connect it with sepcific country?the grip beside is original my fr

Default interesting knife/hewer military?

hello
    can You help me with identification of this knife?is it some garage praduction or maybe contract weapon?is it real to connect it with sepcific country?the grip beside is original my friend deciced to ''fix''it by replacing the grips.too bad.the overall lenght is 27cm the blade is 15cm.the knife is unmarked.
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture interesting knife/hewer military?   interesting knife/hewer military?  

interesting knife/hewer military?   interesting knife/hewer military?  

Hello it's a impressive knife! Certainly not a garage Hodge podge piece. Obviously quality made. I think you may have more luck searching through bolo knives though? Hopefully someone here can identify it s origin? But a lovely piece. Kindest regards.

Brian

?

Well thats an easy one
    Its a post war Puma white hunter with wooden gripplates, they normaly come with stag ones, like this picture

Its a private purchased hunting knife, its origin shape dates back to the F.Dula Waidbesteck (pre ww2)
    i posted one a while ago
    F.Dula Waidbesteck & Henckels Bowie hunting knife
    So its not a military one.

Best
    Ger

thank You both for opinions and informations,still very interesting piece
    best regards

Member gerrit is indeed correct! Puma White Hunter probably made in the 60s or 70s using the Pumaster carbon steel instead of the later stainless. I would clean up that blade for starters and try to locate a set of original stag grips the knife came with when made in Germany. I believe nickel was added to the steel for a beautiful shine on the blade. Super quality knife there and well worth the effort to refurbish.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well thats an easy one
    Its a post war Puma white hunter with wooden gripplates, they normaly come with stag ones, like this picture

Its a private purchased hunting knife, its origin shape dates back to the F.Dula Waidbesteck (pre ww2)
    So its not a military one.

Best
    Ger
    If this is actually a Puma, there should be some trace of markings on the blade, IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If this is actually a Puma, there should be some trace of markings on the blade, IMO.
    Ralph.
    Yeah if made after 1964 should be a numbers stamped on blade guard in front of blade indicating year of make which can be checked on the Puma Chart. Blade is pretty grungy so marking may be worn off or covered. I have a Puma Skinner which is stamped on the guard indicating made in 1966. A nice find for sure.

Looks like Ger has correctly identified the type, but as Ralph points out, a Puma would have a Puma mark on the blade. There seems to be no trace of a mark, which suggests a copy of a Puma blade. The fact the grips are not stag horn is also fairly significant.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Looks like Ger has correctly identified the type, but as Ralph points out, a Puma would have a Puma mark on the blade. There seems to be no trace of a mark, which suggests a copy of a Puma blade. The fact the grips are not stag horn is also fairly significant.
    Yeah I checked Anderson. Puma did make some White Hunter models with plumwood grips. Not sure on the year or how many produced. Thanks for the input.

?

The later Puma's only have a very thin logo that easily wears off, like the one i showed post 3
    Lots of waidblatts come without markings after a couple of years of wearing.
    I have owned an Eickhorn Waidbesteck that was unmarked, that was a very early production, unlike the 50-60ths waidbestecke from Eickhorn who come with an deep panel with its logo.
    Wittmann has an Eickhorn Waidbesteck that he tries to sell as a F.Dula one, this is also unmarked, so its not uncommen.

The TW set even has E.W. stamped on the back of the scabbard, and those who are familiar with eickhorn army daggers know that this E.W. marking on the tang stands for Eickhorn Werke.

The Puma automesser also has this type of logo like i showed, but other grip rivets as the White hunter.

Best
    Ger

interesting knife/hewer military?interesting knife/hewer military?
    interesting knife/hewer military?interesting knife/hewer military?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast