Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

k98 bayo with unknown markings

Article about: Has anybody some glue - to what country and/or organization may belong this regular k98 bayo? It has a litera F with fiwe digits in crossguard and the same litera F with two digits in frog s

?

Default k98 bayo with unknown markings

Has anybody some glue - to what country and/or organization may belong this regular k98 bayo?

It has a litera F with fiwe digits in crossguard and the same litera F with two digits in frog stud - no ohter typical markings!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 bayo with unknown markings  

?

This one was reworked by Yugoslavia after WWII. Yugoslavia reconditioned and reblued them for their own use.

Jim

Hi !
    Are there WaA markings, punched upon the pommel and the finial ?
    I guess, this is a potuguese Modelo 941

?

Now I find new information (below) - according to that Reibert has right and the bayo posted by me has to be a 2nd portuguese contract bayo (NB! it has WaA markings in the pommel as well)...

There were two Portuguese contracts, one in 1937 and another in 1941. This example is from the second contract, as is evidenced by the serial number on the crosspiece and the WaA 883 inspection stamps. First contract examples have the serial number on the pommel and bear WaA 253 inspection stamps.

The scabbard is an original Portuguese-contract scabbard, as evidenced by the abbreviated serial number on the frog stud (letter prefix and last two-digits).

Unlike bayonets produced for the German Army, these bayonets have no maker markings. The inspection teams represented by WaA 253 and WaA 883, covered many of the large Solingen blade makers, so it is not known which firm produced these bayonets.
    Last edited by Bruno; 05-28-2014 at 09:28 AM.

?

My mistake, you are correct in this being a 2nd contract for Portugal.

Jim