Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968

Article about: by SSN So why wasn't the knife popular? The design of the hilt wasn´t really ergonomic, the blade lost it´s sharpness very quickly, very dull tip of the blade, the lack of balance, the jangl

Default Re: Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312$(KGrHqF,!jEE8o3yq)o3BPR-qU84,g~~60_57.jpg (193.3 KB541[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968  

IMO not an Army issued knife.

Would you show us an image of the reverse side of the sheath, also an close up of the insert, also one of the BW stamp ?

I do not own it. Was thinking of buying it but if not military issue dont want it. It has the "BW" on the handle. Charlie

No year of manufacture stamped upon the blade, only one rivet affixed on the belt loop, GERMANY stamped upon the blade ...
    All that is untypical for Army issued knives.

Also HERBERTZ manufactured the M1968, but, with two rivets affixed on the belt loop, like the original.

BTW, a collectors mate told me that he knows for sure, that a soldier of the Bundeswehr used an M1968, made by HERBERTZ in his term of duty.
    I guess, some soldier lost his Army issued knive before and replaced it with a private purchased knife made by HERBERTZ, which he returned on the end of his term.
    Then this private purchased knife was handed over to the next soldier, and so on, .....

So m 1968 knives issued by the military should have a date on the blade?

Quote by mayralphie View Post
    So m 1968 knives issued by the military should have a date on the blade?
    As far as I know they should have, also the maker, (makers code).

I have been offered several marked "TSR" with no date and have never purchased them. I know what you meen about commercial stuff finding its way into the military. Here in the states it is very common with uniforms and uniform hats. Back when I was in the police dept we got alot of stuff from "DRMO" which is the military storage dept. We had alot of commercial uniforms and hats in the lots we obtained. Guess they were purchased privately by the soldiers then turned in and re-issued.

Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968

Got this Bundeswehr M1968 fighting knife, (made by WKC in 1969), day´s ago.

overall lenght: 26,5 cm
    blade lenght: 14,3 cm
    width of the blade: 25,5 mm
    thickness of the blade: 4,1 mm

The M1968, ("3rd pattern in olive green"), was accepted and introduced in the Bundeswehr in April 1st, 1968.
    In 1992 the purchasing of this pattern model was stopped finally ...

Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968Kampfmesser Bundeswehr M1968

How the knives were packed, (this knives are´nt mine, but I´m allowed to show this images):

SSN
    ?

Quote by Reibert View Post

The M 1968 Bundeswehr Kampfmesser wasn´t really popular in the troops ...
    So why wasn't the knife popular?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast