Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM87 survival-knife

Article about: Hi ! There: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayone...a-km87-195979/ I showed the NVA "Kampfmesser 87" Today I received a post GDR made survival knife. KM87 Survival Knife - AK Bayone

Default KM87 survival-knife

Hi !

There:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...a-km87-195979/
    I showed the NVA "Kampfmesser 87"

Today I received a post GDR made survival knife.
    KM87 Survival Knife - AK Bayonets Of The World

Such knives were made of spare parts of the "KM87" in 1990 and were tested by the Bundeswehr.
    But, the Bundeswehr had enough of former East German AK-bayonets, introduced as the "Kampfmesser Schwer".

So, the Company "Jagd- und Sportwaffen Suhl GmbH., Suhl", became bankrupt ...

BTW, not many of such "KM87 Survival Knive´s" were manufactured !

KM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knife

Default Re: KM87 survival-knife

KM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knife

KM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knife

Hi, mates !

Today I received another "M 87", (here: "1st pattern" !).
    The "M 87" is a very scarce knive, and, they´re pretty hard to get, believe me !

Best regards,

R.

?

Strange looking knives, but i like them. Any idea about how these knives would actually stand up to field use? I mean there can not be much of a tang in that handle. Any info on test results?

I think a "Survival" knife should have a full tang. I am not being negative here

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    ... Any info on test results? ...
    Hi, Lars !

Sry, I do not have any informations regarding the results of testing the knife in the Bundeswehr ...

Maybe it was too expensive to order this knife in Suhl because there´re enough NVA bayonets left to use in the Bundeswehr ...

?

No problem Always interesting if you knew something about it. Yes i guess BW should have plenty of NVA bayonets.

Regards, Lars

KM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeSuch knives were made of parts of the "KM87", (Kampfmesser 87), of the NVA of the former GDR in 1990 and were tested by the Bundeswehr.
    But, the Bundeswehr had huge stocks of former East German AK-bayonets, they´re introduced as the "Kampfmesser Schwer".
    Hence the Bundeswehr did´nt purchased the "survival knife".
    That´s why the Company "Jagd- und Sportwaffen Suhl GmbH., Suhl", manufacturer of this "survival knife", became bankrupt ...

Not many of such "KM87 Survival Knive´s" were produced and they´re outsold as "commercial, survival knife" pretty soon ...

As far as I know, only 248 pcs. were manufactured and sold in 1990 for 198,-- Deutschmark, and, in Dec. 1994 for 59,-- Deutschmark ! ! !

The "M 87", (the 1st, also, the 2nd pattern), was manufactured in 1990 by the Company "Jagd- und Sportwaffen Suhl GmbH., Suhl".

Both pattern knives are "commercials", they´re never adopted in the Bundeswehr so, only a few of the "M 87" were manufactured actually.

The "KM 87", ("Kampfmesser 87"), was the last, in the former GDR, (for the use in the NVA), manufactured, bayonet/fighting knife.

The "survival kit" of the "M 87", (1st pattern), was the same, as used with the NVA "KM 87".
    The "survival kit" of the "M 87", (2nd pattern), was a little different.

The successor company of the VEB Fahrzeug- und Jagdwaffenwerk Ernst Thälmann, (manufacturer of the NVA "KM 87"), was, (after the execution through the trust), after 1990, among others, the Suhler Fahrzeugwerk GmbH and, the Suhler Jagd- und Sportwaffen GmbH.

Received another Survival knife !
    It came together with the genuine box !

This particular knife was sold for an amount of Deutsch-Mark 140,65 at that time.

As I mentioned before, this knife is really absolutely scarce and I´m happy to add another interesting knife to my collection !

KM87 survival-knife
    The makers Logo:

KM87 survival-knife

For comparison, (top), the "M87" "Survival Knife", (2nd Pattern),
    in the middle, the "M87" "Survival Knife", (1st Pattern), and, in the bottom, the "KM87" bayonet/combat knife

PRE
    ?

I'm glad the Bundeswehr never adopted that one. I work Search and Rescue currently, and I'd NEVER field with that thing. It's history is interesting, though.

Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast