Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Article about: hi guys i have searched high and low after the origin type or even country of origin and cant find anything no info or anything what so ever one hint the valencia thing pointed me to a civil

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I thought of that also William. I googled Farrier's tools and saw nothing like this.
    The ones I used to use as a kid were all "hooked" shaped so you pulled it towards you. But that was too many years ago and my memory my have faded a bit....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think this could be a bull fighters dagger or tool. Try Google for similar items.

From it's condition, it almost couldn't be a knife, but rather a tool of some sort and an extremely heavily used one at that.

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You say you got it at the same time as an KM Breast Eagle? Were these related items?

Could be a marlinspike

Braiding Fid

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Looks like a spear tip!....

Was going to reply earlier that it might be the spear of destiny.....

Pretty sure this is a braiding fib or a marlinspike. Used in rope handling and braiding!

yeah i got it at an antique shop that specializes in naval militaria and that kind of thing so he had this lying around in one of the cabbinets so could it be a naval tool? and on a total unrelated note in his "hidden stash" he had a signed bust of adolf hitler from 1936 that he wanted 140 euros for so im buying that next month and he also had a prototype cast of a cheramic hitler bust that was found in skåne that he wanted 70 euros for and that was apparently meant for the swedish market when the germans had won so i do not have pictures of either but could it be worth it? (on a total unrelated note as i said) regards DS

Yes I think it is a naval tool. Used in rope handling and braiding.

A Braiding Fid is harder to describe but basically used in braiding and splicing rope. Goolge Braiding Fid and you should get pictures on very similar tools.

Rope work was and still is a basic seamanship skill.

I could be wrong but that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12